Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 10, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Makeup artist for pale skin

Hi there,
I'm a redhead and have deathly white skin so would really need someone who knows what they are doing with makeup so that I dont end up looking like a Oompa Lumpa! Can anyone recommend a make up artist who would be willing to come and see me at AKL?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Patricia Lejeune is fantastic with pale skin, and is an all round lovely woman! Her website is lejeune-pca
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you so much for this, I will definitely check her out. What kind of price should I be expecting to pay for makeup?
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Any professional makeup artist that you choose should be able to give you a perfect look whether you have pale, olive or dark skin they are after all a professional.
Theres a company called Beaute Speciale who get great feedback
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Any professional makeup artist that you choose should be able to give you a perfect look whether you have pale, olive or dark skin they are after all a professional.
Theres a company called Beaute Speciale who get great feedback
Thanks for this. I went to Debenhams once and the 'Benefit' people did my makeup and I must say I made Katie Price look pasty, I was an awful orange colour so I need someone I can trust not to make me look like a fool on the big day hehe.
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by iGareth View Post
Thank you so much for this, I will definitely check her out. What kind of price should I be expecting to pay for makeup?
Patricia charges $60 for hair and $60 for make-up. She does charge a travelling fee to come to a resort, but it's worth it to be stress free! She offers airbrush make-up (which I had), and mineral make-up. The airbrush make-up felt really good - almost like no make-up on at all.
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scrap_Vamp View Post
Patricia charges $60 for hair and $60 for make-up. She does charge a travelling fee to come to a resort, but it's worth it to be stress free! She offers airbrush make-up (which I had), and mineral make-up. The airbrush make-up felt really good - almost like no make-up on at all.
That sounds like exactly what I want! She can do hair too, now that kills two birds with one stone, excellent, thank you! Did you do a trial run or just go for it on the wedding day?
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I emailed Patricia yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I want her to quote for hair and make-up and to do it at Vero Beach. I am worried that the travel fee is going to be huge!

We have booked Randy Chapman for our photography and he isn't charging us a travel fee, fab guy.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
I emailed Patricia yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I want her to quote for hair and make-up and to do it at Vero Beach. I am worried that the travel fee is going to be huge!

We have booked Randy Chapman for our photography and he isn't charging us a travel fee, fab guy.
Can I pinch Randy's details off you too please? I've seen so many good posts about him! Any idea what he charges? Sorry for all q's but I did promise Stu I'd keep this forum busy LOL - nah I really need all the help/advice I can get!
Old 17 Feb 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by iGareth View Post
That sounds like exactly what I want! She can do hair too, now that kills two birds with one stone, excellent, thank you! Did you do a trial run or just go for it on the wedding day?
I had a trial at home with my regular hairdresser, and emailed the pictures to Patricia along with my inspiration photos - she is amazing, though, and she also did a great job with my MOH and my mum

Oh, and I also had Randy do my photos, lol! I think we paid roughly $600 for his basic package of 4 hours, which includes a proof album and all shots on CD. We then added another 2 hours on top, which I think added another $250-300?

He was way cheaper than the equivalent packages here in the South East!
Closed Thread