Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 10, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
i understand where you are coming from not wanting strangers at your wedding but also as others have said it will damage all future relations with these people... if they are willing to foot all extra costs then what harm can it do?
That's the problem - no-one is willing to foot any extra costs and I cannot afford a wishes package I do see what you're saying though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by iGareth View Post
. I really cannot afford a Wishes package, if I could then of course he could come.
have you told them this... maybe suggest that he misses the ceremony due to numbers and he's more than welcome at the reception dinner etc, as long as they can pay any extra expenses?

if they can't pay any extras then its simple - NO

they really can't be expecting you to pay the extras
°o°-Hannah-°o° is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
alanda
Very Serious Dibber

If you've decided you want an intimate small wedding then they should respect your wishes and not feel offended.

It's your day, and you shouldn't feel obliged to have people you don't want there.
Cypress Pointe Resort 2011
Southern Dunes 2019
alanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
have you told them this... maybe suggest that he misses the ceremony due to numbers and he's more than welcome at the reception dinner etc, as long as they can pay any extra expenses?

if they can't pay any extras then its simple - NO

they really can't be expecting you to pay the extras
Yeah we have said all this, we are even willing to pay for him to have the dinner - I don't expect him to pay for that. I'm just wondering what carnage there will be when I tell everyone the Wishes cruise is limited to 10 people LOL
Old 21 Feb 10, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by alanda View Post
If you've decided you want an intimate small wedding then they should respect your wishes and not feel offended.

It's your day, and you shouldn't feel obliged to have people you don't want there.
Thanks. I've been really stressed out by all of this and thats what I wanted to avoid. It's 18months away and I'm already facing this lol.
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
justjo
Imagineer

Stick to your guns... unless they are prepared to pay the extra I would keep YOUR wedding as you want and have planned and budgeted for!

make sure they are aware of the added extra costs, put your foot down and forget about them... dont let them ruin your wedding!

Disney All Star Movies 2005 Our Honeymoon
Mallorca in a Villa Jan 2006
Mallorca Hotel Barcelo Cala Vinas, Fantastic June 2008
Westhaven Villa Christmas 2009 Just Fantastic
Mallorca All Inclusive for 6, July 2010
10 of us went to Florida July/Aug 2010
Mallorca All Inclusive here August 2013
justjo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

We are getting married in September on Florida (not Disney) and we told people right from the start it was going to be a quiet do. We asked parents out of respect, and as his parents are not in the best of health they said no, which we expected and my Mum said yes. At least one of my sisters wanted to come, but I said no thats not what we want.

Its your day, dont let it get out of hand as you will not relax and enjoy it.
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It's quite simple really, anyone can go to Florida if they are paying their own way to get there, but you are only allowed 18 people at the ceremony because that is Disney's rules, and that's not something you can do anything about.

One thing that makes me wonder... The weddings are held in fairly public places aren't they? What's to stop people watching from nearby?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It's quite simple really, anyone can go to Florida if they are paying their own way to get there, but you are only allowed 18 people at the ceremony because that is Disney's rules, and that's not something you can do anything about.

One thing that makes me wonder... The weddings are held in fairly public places aren't they? What's to stop people watching from nearby?
I hadn't thought of that! Do you know if theres anywhere others could watch by the Wedding Pavillion?
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
You can also pay $500 extra to have up to 23 guests for an escape, they don't advertise this on their website :-)