Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Apr 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem_Woody
Trying for More Ears

How do you like to pay it off?

For my last WDW holiday (Feb 18), we booked it 9 months before with virgin and paid it off monthly until the due date. This time, I'm considering paying the deposit and not paying any of the rest until the due date (going to book 18 months in advance this time as we need longer to save up now). I feel like I'd prefer the money to be in my savings account for as long as possible. I was wondering what other people tend to do or find easier?

Edited at 01:30 PM.
Gem_Woody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I keep it in premium bonds until the due date, I would rather keep hold of the money until I absolutly have to pay it.
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I booked last March for this August, and paid the Disney bill in full last week. We put the money away every month and when we have enough we pay it off in full rather than monthly. I can't be bothered to pay in dribs and drabs. Because we book everything separately I try and pay one thing off at a time. All of ours is paid for August except the HRH stay as it's not due till 3rd August so will pay it then.

Then I have to pay our New York trip...which is due the day we fly to Florida 🙈

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gem_Woody
Trying for More Ears

I feel the same. It's going to take us much longer to save up now that we have a house. So there is slight uncertainty about whether we would need to cancel/change the booking as well.

Gem_Woody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

We've done the pay it off each month thing; booked our trip with Virgin last April and it's not due fully paid until the beginning of August, however we've been paying (more than we need) each month and by the 1st of May it'll be paid off completely. We prefer this way as we have peace of mind between now and November that it's all paid for; we can continue paying the same amount into our savings NOW and that's the spending money sorted; I know myself and I'd dip into it if it was in my savings account and lastly, I don't think current interest rates are favourable.

In essence I've swapped earning a bit of interest for assurances that my holiday's paid off regardless.

If you could get a good rate and wouldn't dip into it however, it would make more financial sense to save it I assume.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

We always pay Disney a week or so before the due date.
It goes on the credit card to get the airmiles for the full amount and is then paid off the following month
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gem_Woody View Post
I feel the same. It's going to take us much longer to save up now that we have a house. So there is slight uncertainty about whether we would need to cancel/change the booking as well.
I think that's the benefit of paying everything deposit only.

Disney - £200 deposit
BA Flydrive - £300 deposit
Universal & Sw tickets - £40 deposit
HRH - £1 deposit with travel republic
Villa Deposit £200
Gives us scope to giggle things around if I need to and should we ever have to cancel we would only lose the desposit.

Also take out decent insurance as soon as we've paid any more out!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Im paying monthly via virgin app and paying monthly via attraction tickets direct
Just easier for me

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

I like to pay deposit then remainder in full when due or there abouts depending on how much savings we have, if an emergency comes up before it's due there is money in the account.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We always pay the deposit and then a set amount each month. If the the travel company has it, then it can’t be spent on other things.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List