Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Sep 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
Us too!
We’ve already swapped part of our stay from Naples to the east coast (Hutchinson Island) and our other nights on the Gulf further up to Clearwater as, at the time, it wasn’t affected
We’re just hoping it improves before we get there in November. I know we can use the hotel pool and there are other things to do but I was really looking forward to a dip in the sea and watching the sunset on the beach...
Snap! We only have 3 days there but we will be gutted to miss our time there as its so beautiful

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We have 3 nights booked on Captiva (paid for) for the 23/10 have also booked a backup with free cancellation up to 48hrs for Clearwater.

I am so hoping Captiva will be clear by then however, we will decide around the 20th which one to go with
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 18, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Madeira beach today

instagram/p/BnuIvKyl...=1p1knb1pnwst5
Old 15 Sep 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Madeira beach today

instagram/p/BnuIvKyl...=1p1knb1pnwst5
Ooh that’s not good is it?
DH is telling me not to keep following this thread as it is stressing me out. Our Clearwater hotel is non refundable so we’re just hoping things improve by November but it’s not looking good so far.
I’ve been looking at the Florida Fish &Wildlife site
myfwc/redtidestatus

for updates but sometimes this shows conflicting information to that shown on other site like this -
visitbeaches/#

I guess I should just stop worrying and, like DH says, accept that there’s nothing we can do about it and, if Clearwater is affected, just make the best of it
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are due to stay in Rotunda West for 8 nights from 18th October, we are seriously thinking about cutting our stay short and driving to Orlando. We have never done the Gulf Coast before and was so looking forward to it.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
We are due to stay in Rotunda West for 8 nights from 18th October, we are seriously thinking about cutting our stay short and driving to Orlando. We have never done the Gulf Coast before and was so looking forward to it.
We have been here in Rotonda for a week. Moving on to Orlando tomorrow. Although we haven't been to the beach every day as was our plan, we have a lovely pool here and there are some great restaurants to visit in the evening 😉. We have certainly been chilling!
The reports every day have been different but none good enough for us to set foot in the ocean. (Many people have).
We spent a couple of hours on Siesta Key Beach and an hour on Englewood before the smell got too much.
It's really a shame, we have been here several times and the beaches have been stunning. It won't put me off coming here but I do hope the whole situation is dealt with competently by the govt to prevent such widespread devistation again.
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DeniseC View Post
We have been here in Rotonda for a week. Moving on to Orlando tomorrow. Although we haven't been to the beach every day as was our plan, we have a lovely pool here and there are some great restaurants to visit in the evening 😉. We have certainly been chilling!
The reports every day have been different but none good enough for us to set foot in the ocean. (Many people have).
We spent a couple of hours on Siesta Key Beach and an hour on Englewood before the smell got too much.
It's really a shame, we have been here several times and the beaches have been stunning. It won't put me off coming here but I do hope the whole situation is dealt with competently by the govt to prevent such widespread devistation again.
Thank you so much for the the update. It's so wrong what has happened to this area and shouldn't be allowed to happen

Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

St Petes Beach instagram posting some disappointing photos over the weekend.

Lots of fish kill & a dead turtle washing up & the smell supposedly horrendous.

Clearwater starting to see an impact over the weekend too.
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Comments again on the South Florida Clean Water group too - as others have reported, dead marine life coming ashore again with the stench of decay and cyanobacteria. My only suggestion is please be careful on the beach if you venture onto it, don't let the bairns play/bury themselves due to the blasted hookworms/maggots feeding on unseen decay.

I don't know if you have to be a FB member to see the SF Clean Water group, nothing to lose by clicking HERE.
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Sad to hear the effect it's still having.