Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 6 Apr 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the recommendations. We visited Winter Park this morning and loved it. Did the boat trip and saw all the amazing houses then had a wander. Loads of lovely cafes and shops - think I liked it more than celebration!
For anyone going in the near future, there’s loads of roadworks on the I4 and the junction the satnav wants to use is currently closed. We kept on going though and came in about 2 miles further up.
Old 7 Apr 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by jorm35 View Post
Thank you for the recommendations. We visited Winter Park this morning and loved it. Did the boat trip and saw all the amazing houses then had a wander. Loads of lovely cafes and shops - think I liked it more than celebration!
For anyone going in the near future, there’s loads of roadworks on the I4 and the junction the satnav wants to use is currently closed. We kept on going though and came in about 2 miles further up.
Even more reason to go on the train, that's made my mind up, thanks. We'll be there in 3 weeks
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jorm35 View Post
That's a really good heads-up at the moment if you're driving. With the state of I-4 through downtown (which is the mother of all messes), you have to come off at the Lee Road junction (Exit 87), turn right onto Lee Road, heading east, then turn right on to Orange Avenue, and left onto Fairbanks. Fairbanks brings you in to Park Avenue and the main part of Winter Garden.

The one advantage with this route, is that the Orange Avenue section includes Bulla Gastrobar, The Glass Knife (the best coffees and desserts in town), and Hillstone restaurant, the latter of which is great for lunch, or dinner at sunset, with a great view over Lake Killarney.
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
That's a really good heads-up at the moment if you're driving. With the state of I-4 through downtown (which is the mother of all messes), you have to come off at the Lee Road junction (Exit 87), turn right onto Lee Road, heading east, then turn right on to Orange Avenue, and left onto Fairbanks. Fairbanks brings you in to Park Avenue and the main part of Winter Garden.

The one advantage with this route, is that the Orange Avenue section includes Bulla Gastrobar, The Glass Knife (the best coffees and desserts in town), and Hillstone restaurant, the latter of which is great for lunch, or dinner at sunset, with a great view over Lake Killarney.
Simon will this affect the bus routes? We are without a car for the first week of our hols and wanted to use public transport. One of the Dibbers gave me instructions on how to use the bus and which one but would it be better to get the train? I know it’s a pain without a car but we are seeing it as an adventure . If it makes any diff we are staying on sand lake rd. what would you do
TIA
Old 8 Apr 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Simon will this affect the bus routes? We are without a car for the first week of our hols and wanted to use public transport. One of the Dibbers gave me instructions on how to use the bus and which one but would it be better to get the train? I know it’s a pain without a car but we are seeing it as an adventure . If it makes any diff we are staying on sand lake rd. what would you do
TIA
I have never seen a Lynx bus use I4. Sand Lake Rd to Winter Park sounds alot quicker by train but the station is no where near the tourist hotels.
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
The Sand Lake Depot does have a bus interchange stop, so presumably busses do go there. However, I’m not sure I’d attempt it without a car! We’ve always driven to the depot.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
TIA
In terms of time, I would definitely take the train, even if you have to Uber to the Sand Lake Sunrail station. As long as you get your timing right with the trains, it should be much quicker (and more convenient). The buses do continue to run, but the I-4 traffic is definitely a challenge at the moment.
SimonV is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
The Sand Lake Depot does have a bus interchange stop, so presumably busses do go there. However, I’m not sure I’d attempt it without a car! We’ve always driven to the depot.
It isn't too difficult by bus, but having a car certainly helps. Here are the full Sand Lake Road connection details:

sunrail/station/sand-lake-road/

There is also a one-fare-only available for those using the bus and Sunrail:

LYNX TO SUNRAIL

1. PAY YOUR BUS FARE
Purchase your fare on a Lynx feeder bus route.

2. REQUEST YOUR TRANSFER
Ask the Lynx operator for a free transfer to SunRail.

3. TAKE TRANSFER TO TVM
Follow instructions to use a transfer on the ticket vending machine.
Old 8 Apr 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
It isn't too difficult by bus, but having a car certainly helps. Here are the full Sand Lake Road connection details:

sunrail/station/sand-lake-road/

There is also a one-fare-only available for those using the bus and Sunrail:

LYNX TO SUNRAIL

1. PAY YOUR BUS FARE
Purchase your fare on a Lynx feeder bus route.

2. REQUEST YOUR TRANSFER
Ask the Lynx operator for a free transfer to SunRail.

3. TAKE TRANSFER TO TVM
Follow instructions to use a transfer on the ticket vending machine.
Thx Simon it just sounds complex...
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Mobile

We are hoping to catch the sun rail train from Poinciana Station to Winter Park on our next trip. Is the station far from the main ‘hub’?
It’s only £5-50 return.
Means we don’t need to worry about having a glass of wine with lunch!
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List