Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Who to fly with for 2020... we both hate flying

Helllo
So we had a fab time at Sapphire Falls this year via Virgin. Upgraded to UC for a good price. We have decided to go back to Orlando next year but pricing it all up is starting to give me grieve because we(DD and I) hate flying so im fussy when it comes to who to book with.

Ideally i wanted to go Virgin but their prices for summer 2020 are alot higher . To upgrade to PE is £2k and UC is £5k

My personal choice is that i wont fly economy under any circumstances. So as Virgin is clearly a no for us, I am looking at TUI and Thomas Cook.

TUI have limited Universal Resort avalibility as obviously im a bit late booking, but seem to have decent PE prices.

I am not a big fan of Thomas Cook but when pricing up they seem to have PE and im getting a great quote for HRH for 2 weeks. Mixed reviews online with these seats.

So what to do? My head says goes with Thomas Cook but 8 hours in the air again is a big deal for both of us.i dont want our fear of flying to stop us having holidays. So the flight..comfort and safety...is really important even though its only 1% of the holiday experience.

Sorry for the essay but i want to book this week . Has anyone flown Thomas Cook?.what was it like? Any points would be great
Thanks

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Could you do a DIY holiday so then you could fly with TUI and stay at universal, though I'm surprised there is limited availability this far out.
Haven't flown with TC but TUI premium is lovely but not many seats so need to book fast. They only fly into Sanford though.

Virgin flights have only just been released so prices may come down for your dates.

Onsite at universal for 2 weeks is expensive, you could save a whole bundle by looking at other hotels
Old 1 Sep 19, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Understand your position as I’ll only fly tui ba or virgin. I don’t understand not flying economy but that’s just me- I’d wait for better prices. Still early
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Thomas Cook are absolutely fine. I found their cabin crew friendlier than Virgin but that could have just been the flight I was on I suppose. I don’t think the seats are quite as nice in Premium as Virgins but you get a welcome drink the same.

I’d also consider booking DIY. What are your dates? Some airlines haven’t released their flights yet. I’m hoping that once they do, prices will drop for next summer as currently they are still high.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Why are you only looking at tui or Thomas cook? Why not Ba, American, united, Swiss, Air France, delta, Klm, Icelandair etc etc. As long as the plane is safe and reliable, then consider everything. My personal favourites are American and Delta.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi

I’d recommend TC as we’ve never had a problem with them.

Cost wise they were a lot more competitive than Virgin, enabling us to fly TC Premium Economy cheaper than Virgin economy.

The only thing I’d not recommend is the first couple of rows on the return journey due to the toilet being at the front and the curtain being opened by passengers thus the light shining in your eyes and disturbing you.

Flight crew were fantastic on the outbound this year but soooo grumpy on the inbound but that’s my only gripe with them.

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
My dates are 15th aug onwards.
BA not quite there date wise for package deals.
Also im afraid i wont fly with airlines ive either never heard of, or have never flown with.

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dcems View Post
My dates are 15th aug onwards.
BA not quite there date wise for package deals.
Also im afraid i wont fly with airlines ive either never heard of, or have never flown with.
Please take this as a positive statement and not meant as a negative. If you won't fly with an airline you havn't flown with then its self defeating. If you are concerned about an airline then check out their safety record before discounting them.

edition.cnn/travel/artic...019/index.html

airlineratings/news/...amed-for-2019/
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
I understand what you are saying but thats my mindset im afraid.

Old 1 Sep 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by dcems View Post
I understand what you are saying but thats my mindset im afraid.
In which case your mindset is severely restricting your choices and the value for money you could get. I would suggest a fear of flying course. The benefits would outway the cost of the course. Your thought processes are made up of different things you have read/heard over the years. Many of those things will either always have been untrue or are now untrue. It is possible to move forward if you want to from your current position with the right help.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List