Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 16, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Flying Club miles expiry

Since the new system, how do you find out when your miles expire. I can't see anything in the my FC profile. There is a note saying

Your mileage expiry date will appear within the account information on your Flying Club email communications.
But there has been nothing on any of the emails I have received so far.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

There is so much information missing from their website, so many errors... I can't believe that a company the size of Virgin went live with such a poor application.

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

You've got into your account! You've had e-mails !
Count yourself lucky you've had any info, there are lots of us still waiting to find out anything - I've spend over a week trying to get into DH's account so far - given up for a while with fingers crossed for an attempt next week again.
Old 19 Nov 16, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Little Green
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I thought miles themselves never expired, just FC membership if you haven't collected any miles for 3 years.
Little Green is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Your miles certainly do have an expiry date and I also noticed the reference that future emails would contain this information. Time will tell. Seems fairly common sense to have this information on your account page but perhaps they're hoping people will not notice that their miles are going to expire!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
You've got into your account! You've had e-mails !
Count yourself lucky you've had any info, there are lots of us still waiting to find out anything - I've spend over a week trying to get into DH's account so far - given up for a while with fingers crossed for an attempt next week again.
Hiya Wiz FC are very helpful. After logging in, completing security questions, getting our new membership numbers, suddenly hubs was locked out. FC on 01293 473998 were really helpful and had his account up and working again within a couple of hours.

We fly Monday and I was able to re-add all API info I'd done in June into the system, with the exception of our B2 visa numbers. ESTA numbers can't be entered either, apparently that has to be done at OLCI/airport desk.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Your miles certainly do have an expiry date and I also noticed the reference that future emails would contain this information. Time will tell. Seems fairly common sense to have this information on your account page but perhaps they're hoping people will not notice that their miles are going to expire!
The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost. I have miles in my account from flights taken over a decade ago and I just do enough to keep topping up to keep the account open and hence the miles 'live'.
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dking2001 View Post
The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost.
It does indeed seem to have changed since the revamp. The email refers to a "new membership number for life". And my Profile has a note "Your mileage expiry date will appear within the account information on your Flying Club email communications."
The implication is that the account itself will no longer expire, but miles WILL expire after a certain period - although I can't find out what that period is.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dking2001 View Post
The miles themselves never had an expiry date (unless it has changed in the revamp). As said above the account would expire if there was no activity in a 3 year period at which point all miles would be lost. I have miles in my account from flights taken over a decade ago and I just do enough to keep topping up to keep the account open and hence the miles 'live'.

Isnt your account expiring pretty much the same as your miles having an expiry date? i.e. those miles *do* expire if you don't use your account

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Isnt your account expiring pretty much the same as your miles having an expiry date? i.e. those miles *do* expire if you don't use your account
No not really. The account stays live. It's just the Miles that will disappear
Very much like a current account with zero balance.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread