Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Well Done Virgin

Credit where credits due.
We were due to fly in Sept with Virgin and we have like many stayed positive and on a daily basis wondered if it would happen.
This trip is our 7th and our sons 6th trip, but it will be their girlfriends first trips and We want it to be “normal”
I used WhatsApp on Sunday to contact Virgin, they called me back and I said to the lady that I know you are busy helping people that should be going now, but she was happy to chat to me. She said that the new booking was not showing Heathrow yet so to leave it a couple of days and she would email me. I kept a check on it too and today I could choose the new flights. I emailed her and she checked everything before she called me and we got it sorted. We had our family package holiday booked before Christmas but we then made a separate booking for a fly drive for our sons girlfriends so the could join us ( this was the cheapest option they were never going to use the car). She added them to our booking, amended the dates and transferred their deposit into our booking. It updated in the app and we managed to go online and book the seats there and then.
So pleased with their service. There was no admin fee.
Well done Virgin, top marks on this occasion for me.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow! How did you get a response so quickly? I’m waiting for a reply to my Whatsapp message from a week ago and my brother messaged them a month ago and has still not had a response.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gipsy 4 View Post
Wow! How did you get a response so quickly? I’m waiting for a reply to my Whatsapp message from a week ago and my brother messaged them a month ago and has still not had a response.
I got the usual we are only replying to people due to travel in the next 72 hours blurb, then I just replied again to that message with a question and they called me.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

How nice to hear something positive about Virgin customer services... Happy for you
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
I got the usual we are only replying to people due to travel in the next 72 hours blurb, then I just replied again to that message with a question and they called me.
Thanks. I’ll try that! I’m pleased you’ve managed to change your holiday. Get planning!
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Virgin will respond and help where you are now technically able to claim a full refund (as here I assume original flights were from Gatwick and thus cancelled, OP is entitled to get a refund within 7 days) as the staff have probably been told anyone who is at risk of cancelling, get them rebooked. Remember Virgin have no staff apparently to process refunds en mass at the moment, but people are managing to speak to them in these kind of situations.

I would agree with one thing- I have always found Virgin staff themselves to be excellent and aside from the competition side of things, I really hope Virgin survives for the staff.