Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jun 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

What will I get news on first the Newcastle Takeover or whether free Disney Dining comes out. I don't know how much patience I have left to keep waiting lol
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We will still go next year even without free dining. Whether we stay on site or not depends on if they bring back the perks like EMH and 60 day fast pass. If so, likely yes, but I would want a room discount. Our cancelled holiday in May was a split stay and I'd quite like to replicate it but also happy to stay offsite for the whole holiday if that ends up being our best option
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheNDawg View Post
What will I get news on first the Newcastle Takeover or whether free Disney Dining comes out. I don't know how much patience I have left to keep waiting lol
If you had to choose one which would it be a Newcastle takeover or free dining? 😂
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ive booked pop century for my january 21 stay and paid for ddp. Be my luck that free dining gets released now 😂 CM i spoke to said there is an offer coming though but say it is free dining could i swap to it even if ive chose to pay for ddp?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Ive booked pop century for my january 21 stay and paid for ddp. Be my luck that free dining gets released now 😂 CM i spoke to said there is an offer coming though but say it is free dining could i swap to it even if ive chose to pay for ddp?
Pretty sure in light of last night’s email there won’t be a decent offer for 2021.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
Disney UK don't usually allow offers like free DDP to be added to an existing booking.
Not to say they won't under the current circumstances.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Pretty sure in light of last night’s email there won’t be a decent offer for 2021.
I have to agree. Surely that would have been the point to announce it? I’m not saying it won’t be offered at some point but Disney are going to have to take stock over the next few months. We have no idea if they may need to offer something at some point but it’s not going to be anytime soon.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We re -booked with my magic holidays (can never remember new name) for next year from this year. We thought free dining would be added later but now I’m thinking it’s not happening. I’m totally regretting re booking I should have just cancelled (lost deposit) and held out. It’s cost more and we had a fee to pay. I’ve got a bad feeling That free ddp won’t happen. It’s split stay, seven nights on site (first time) and then two weeks in villa which I booked through HomeAway. Our Disney part includes Disney hotel, car, flight and tickets so a package so we’re tied to them. I can’t afford to lose deposit. I don’t want to be on site without free dining or perks.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
We re -booked with my magic holidays (can never remember new name) for next year from this year. We thought free dining would be added later but now I’m thinking it’s not happening. I’m totally regretting re booking I should have just cancelled (lost deposit) and held out. It’s cost more and we had a fee to pay. I’ve got a bad feeling That free ddp won’t happen. It’s split stay, seven nights on site (first time) and then two weeks in villa which I booked through HomeAway. Our Disney part includes Disney hotel, car, flight and tickets so a package so we’re tied to them. I can’t afford to lose deposit. I don’t want to be on site without free dining or perks.
I do feel for people who rebooked a few weeks ago. We were lucky in that we had time before we had to make any firm decisions and could wait for Disney to get in touch. We have the Dolphin booked with free cancellation as a back up but I’m still hoping for something from Disney. Fingers crossed for those who rebooked with TAs who have said they’ll add any offers that there are offers to be added!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not sure it will happen now, surely it’s easier for Disney if people just book at a standard rate? No need to offer discounts then to compensate for free dining as people have booked without, it would just make it a straightforward refund.
No one knows what’s happening in the next few months, offering free dining when they don’t know how long they’ll have limited capacity in restaurants makes no sense.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List