Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Legoland yesterday - super busy

We went to Legoland yesterday - booked early August as we'd postponed our Florida trip and only managed a couple of nights away this summer. I noticed on Friday it said it was sold out for Saturday and wondered how busy we'd find it as we assumed it was selling under capacity. Well.. it was heaving. It didn't feel good at all. Hardly anyone wore masks walking around (it's only a requirement inside shops and on rides) and the queues felt like normal queues. We were in the queue for the train ride when they said they needed to clean the train - but that was just a quick wipe of the door handle and rail nothing inside the ride carriage. There was a lot of hand sanitiser about though, at ride exits.

Now, we wondered if it just felt bad as we've been watching a lot of Tim Tracker and Disney and Universal seem very uncrowded, with mask wearing enforced and queues managed well.

We'd had enough by 2pm and headed out via miniature land where they have the lego countries. It was better there. By around 11am a good deal of the main attractions were a 70 min wait.

Anyone else been - what was your experience?

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Not Legoland but have merlin passes and have been to Chessington and Alton towers in the last 6 weeks and both were so much busier than they should’ve been .
Was really disappointed and it’s put us off Legoland as that’s always the busiest anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Merlin passes here too, We went to Alton Towers back in June and it was fantastic but our friends went last week and said it was way too crowded, took them an hour of queuing just to get in.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I have seen lots of people complaining about legoland on their Facebook page. I wonder just how much under capacity they are actually operating on? It doesn't really sound like they are at all
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

My sister went last weekend, she said it was really busy the first day so they tried to buy the queue jump pass but they were sold out, they tried to buy it online for the following day but that was also sold out already. There weren’t even any available at opening the next morning.

The kids enjoyed the trip but she said it was just as busy as any other year during the holidays.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We've both come away with the view we're not coming back to Legoland. Aside from the overcrowding, we think we're over Legoland as a family. DS and DD (13 and 9) don't mind queuing up to an hour in florida because the ride at the end is so good, but at Legoland they couldn't be bothered to queue because the ride at the end is just a bit 'meh'. There isn't much, if any, theming in the queue lines either so a bit like waiting for a bus. There were also a lot of areas that needed work (again I might just be comparing too much to Disney/Universal, but paint peeling etc. There was an area behind the food area with some seating and I think it led over to the Lego hotel, looked terrible - old railings, unmade pathway. I know all parks are short on income at present but they are not helping themselves - it seems a common theme that people are disappointed with Legoland. Such a shame.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hellin family View Post
We've both come away with the view we're not coming back to Legoland. Aside from the overcrowding, we think we're over Legoland as a family. DS and DD (13 and 9) don't mind queuing up to an hour in florida because the ride at the end is so good, but at Legoland they couldn't be bothered to queue because the ride at the end is just a bit 'meh'. There isn't much, if any, theming in the queue lines either so a bit like waiting for a bus. There were also a lot of areas that needed work (again I might just be comparing too much to Disney/Universal, but paint peeling etc. There was an area behind the food area with some seating and I think it led over to the Lego hotel, looked terrible - old railings, unmade pathway. I know all parks are short on income at present but they are not helping themselves - it seems a common theme that people are disappointed with Legoland. Such a shame.
Yep, it’s been the same for years , they’ll add a new ride every year but don’t seem to do much up keep of the rest of the park .
One year I spotted a big dead spider and some flies in a display case in the submarine ride and they were still there about 2 years later, we used to joke about them ..they could still be there now!
Chessington however have pumped some money into a few of their existing rides and it feels a bit more ‘loved’ .

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve always thought legoland to be the worst laid out ok park it seems busy constantly

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Daughter and Family were there on Saturday and Sunday. They did a full day on the Sat but called it at lunchtime on Sun.
Her view was it was ok but they are Alton Towers lovers and that's on their doorstep really.

The lines were 1 hour for most things and her final analysis was it was a decent experience but they wont be back. Their game plan going forward is AP's for Alton Towers.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My son and his family were there for two days during the week. They said it was ridiculously busy considering they are meant to be limiting numbers. They have been before and said it was much busier.
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List