Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I thought I would be able to watch a Disney vlog...

And we had to stop 5 minutes in because I was ugly crying. We were supposed to be flying on 17th.

I know it's such a tiny first world problem in the grand scheme of things but I apparently can't get any sort of perspective when it comes to watching vlogs

I have no idea when we will be able to go back with busy and uncertain lives over the next few years, but the next trip is going to feel so amazing.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel your pain, I really do. We lost out on my 50th birthday trip to WDW, i was meant to wake up on the first day of our holiday on my birthday and spend it in Magic Kingdom but instead, we stayed at home all day in lockdown and I ugly cried too. To top it off, it rained all day urgh. We then had to cancel another trip, this time to NY but wasn’t as sad. More recently we booked a last minute trip to DLP but again, had to cancel 2 days before travel thanks to the damn quarantine rules 😞. We also decided to cancel our WDW trip in November as we know it just won’t be happening ☹️.

Like you, we’ve said whenever the first trip will be, it’s going to be super special. We’ve not booked anything and don’t intend on doing so until we know we can fly without any issues/having to cancel at last minute. We’ve also stopped watching Disney vlogs. I’m sure there will be a lot of fresh ‘same old’ stuff being posted eventually.

Try not to get too down about the 17th, plan to do something nice to take your mind off things. I know it’s not the same, but Disney will always be there for you whenever you decide to go back 😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve really enjoyed watching them. We were due to fly out on the 19th but made the decision early on during Covid that we wouldn’t go so I feel ok about it (not great, just ok!). I’ve watched a mixture of current vlogs and older trips (we’ve just recently discovered The Lodge Guys so watching their January trip). I honestly think it’s helping to watch current ones because it reinforces that I don’t want to be there when it’s like this but I still get to see the parks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
I feel your pain, I really do. We lost out on my 50th birthday trip to WDW, i was meant to wake up on the first day of our holiday on my birthday and spend it in Magic Kingdom but instead, we stayed at home all day in lockdown and I ugly cried too. To top it off, it rained all day urgh. We then had to cancel another trip, this time to NY but wasn’t as sad. More recently we booked a last minute trip to DLP but again, had to cancel 2 days before travel thanks to the damn quarantine rules 😞. We also decided to cancel our WDW trip in November as we know it just won’t be happening ☹️.

Like you, we’ve said whenever the first trip will be, it’s going to be super special. We’ve not booked anything and don’t intend on doing so until we know we can fly without any issues/having to cancel at last minute. We’ve also stopped watching Disney vlogs. I’m sure there will be a lot of fresh ‘same old’ stuff being posted eventually.

Try not to get too down about the 17th, plan to do something nice to take your mind off things. I know it’s not the same, but Disney will always be there for you whenever you decide to go back 😊.

The let down is the hardest. I did feel better once it was all cancelled but now the date is approaching it feels so raw. We're all in this together though! Going to be on a lodge break in the new forest with my parents on the 17th so hopefully it'll be a good distraction.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve really enjoyed watching them. We were due to fly out on the 19th but made the decision early on during Covid that we wouldn’t go so I feel ok about it (not great, just ok!). I’ve watched a mixture of current vlogs and older trips (we’ve just recently discovered The Lodge Guys so watching their January trip). I honestly think it’s helping to watch current ones because it reinforces that I don’t want to be there when it’s like this but I still get to see the parks.
Maybe I should watch some of the newer ones, that could help. I know I wouldn't want to be there now. It's knowing that when we do go back we won't have the same trip- won't be able to stay onsite, maybe won't be able to go to universal. But on the bright side I'll be 25 so we will be able to drive. Just need to get past 17th and hopefully things will look brighter.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
just watched a vlog of happily ever after and balled
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We should be half way across the Atlantic right now. I've been doing online Disney jigsaws to console myself ... its not working!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We should be there too ☹️ I keep dreaming of what we’d be doing right now!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I feel your pain, we were due to go on the 25th. I watched epcoy forever fireworks about an hour ago on you tube. Had avoided them as thought would see them but thought hey may as well now. dfb are doing loads of videos on insta and twitter too atm which is a bit depressing. On a side note, the fireworks weren't a patch on illuminations, but I am a huge fan of those.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18

Edited at 05:02 PM.
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

We're still watching the vlogs as we're missing Florida a lot- especially seeing all the horror tshirts and merch in Universal. Keep suggesting to hubby that if emigrated to the USA we could go- not sure we could get away with WFH there though.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List