Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I can feel your pain through the key pad. Totally sucks.

I know its hard, but at times like these, you have to look for that strength and resolve that got you where you are today, and channel that into positivity.

When you go job hunting, remember you are better than the rest of them., you have life experience, years of work experience, and have shown your loyalty as an employee.

I would show your innovative nature, by targeting successful companies in your area who you feel could benefit from your experience, but don't knock once, keep knocking until the door falls down. Be different and show tenacity.

Take care and remember., there is always someone worse off.

A packet of Percy Pigs is always a good starting point.

Disney332
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Maid Marion. Years ago I worked in TV and was made redundant, it was the best job I ever ever had and I loved it. So I know how you must be feeling, devastated and lost. As with all disappointments in life you will get over this and hopefully find another job which you will enjoy.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

So sorry Maidmarion, sending you hugs.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear this. This year has been a nightmare and I too wish it would end.

I really hope that something new and exciting comes along for you x
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm sorry to read this

What do you do? I'll keep an eye open for you.

You're never too old x

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this, Somehow I think the Queens Annus horribilis speech wont cut the mustard this year!

There is light at the end of every tunnel. A good friend and work colleague of my DW was made redundant 4 weeks ago, she posted her CV to everywhere she could think off locally and started her new job as Doctors receptionist 2 weeks after redundancy. Try to keep your chin up and look to new beginnings.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

So sorry hopefully you’ll get an equally enjoyable job
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Sorry about your news Have some time to feel sad about it but then pick yourself up and get cracking on CV's and knocking on doors. Think of this as a new start. Best of luck to you x
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

so sorry to hear it is an awful year. I took a cut in hours to save my job but its still looking far from secure so I have applied back to retail and have an interview Saturday. Like you , I do love my job working with children but at the moment I need job security and it just isn't there(not that any job is secure right now). I do hope you find another job you love soon.
Old 17 Sep 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Bad, bad news. Redundancies hitting all over the place at the moment and will pick up steam towards Xmas.
Take care and I hope you find something ASAP.