Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I wouldn't like it but I don't think I would say anything. I live in a house built mid 60's in our deeds caravans are not permitted on driveways here.
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Really? I wouldn’t bat an eye, especially a van. What are people who need vans for work supposed to do?
We have difficult neighbours and DH always jokes that when his car dies he’s going to start driving our horse box around instead 😂
Honestly I would - it’d just be on my mind all of the time - I think it ruins the aesthetics of the house/street frontage and if I could see it it’d crack me up. Probably not got enough to worry about in my life but I’d definitely look to move to get away from it.

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
F them !
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So long as it's not blocking light into the front of their bungalow I would politely tell them to swivel!

There really are some pathetic people about and it's got worse since covid reared its ugly head!
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Nothing is more welcoming to nasty thieves than a missing massive white caravan indicating that the house is empty and no-one is home. I'd put it in storage somewhere - they are intrinsically ugly things for people to look at anyway and should be a more aesthetically pleasing brown or dark green - even dark grey would be better.

Your insurance will be cheaper if you don't advertise your absence to everyone.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

I think I was looking to see if I was being unreasonable.

When we moved in we gutted the bungalow and changed it to bedrooms at the front with an extension on the back for an open plan kitchen / dining / lounge with bifold doors onto the garden.

My sons are in the front bedrooms so unless I go out of the house I don’t see it.

Their lounge is at the front of the house. It’s not blocking light but it’s the look they are unhappy with.

I may compromise with we will store over the winter and on the drive in the summer when we are using it. We will also offer again to put up a hedge of their choosing on the border so they don’t have to see it.

We are waiting for Aldi to bring out the caravan covers and then we will use one of those.

Thank you for all your honest thoughts. It’s helped me to see things better from their point of view.

Xx
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

You will think about storage ...

I think your a push over, It’s your land do what the hell you want !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Genuine question, just because I’m intrigued - for those that it would bother, what is it that would upset you about a caravan/van, that doesn’t upset you about a regular car being parked there?

I totally get if it is close enough to block light, but what other difference would it make?

As I say, I’m not having a go, I’m just genuine intrigued as I can’t imagine it would bother me in the slightest, so I wouldn’t of even registered that it would offend someone else (I’m not planning on getting one by the way, but until this thread it would never of occurred to me to consider the neighbours if I did!)

ETA - sorry I missed Cherrypies response re ruining the aesthetics of the street frontage - but would a nice motor home do that as much as some rusty old banger on someone’s drive?

Edited at 07:45 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Why pay for storage if you have a drive to park it in,and you may use it in winter anyway
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would tell them that when they pay my mortgage or rent then they have a say on what can go on my drive. I don't give too hoots what others are doing. I've not long moved from an ex council house on an estate to a very private cul de sac and all we get is whiffs of weed whenever doors or windows open, we never got it when we lived on the council estate but thats there business. We have a very large drive with dh work van, 2 cars and vw camper on it, oh and a harley davidson in the shed. Its not overlooking anyone but if it did its none of their business, tough ≈≈≈≈≈≈. Sorry for the rant but some people think they are better than others and they are not! 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List