Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Delicate things and lycra go on the drying rack in the laundry room. Everything else goes in the dryer. Here in Florida we can't even have a clothes line outside but I didn't have one in the UK either. When we had a flat without a dryer, things taking days to dry on a rack drove me mad.
In Florida I use the dryer more as it has a cold setting. The things I can't tumble I put on a clothes horse in the garage, it dries really quickly. Incidentally I find all the clothes I've bought in Florida are tumble driable.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I will hang washing outside all year if we get a sunny dry day. Love the fresh of line dried washing. I am lucky though as we also have a huge airing cupboard, so I can fit a cloth horse in there and dry stuff or finish them off in there, so the tumble dryer is used for emergencies (or those lazy days) only.
Remember years ago bringing frozen terry nappies in from the line and having to lean them against the wall till they thawed.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Had bedding out yesterday and will hang out all year if it’s a breezy day or nice and sunny -even if cold. We don’t have a tumble dryer so bedding is the worst in the winter as takes up so much room to hang on the airer indoors

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’ve stopped now. I find it much easier to use my laundry room and hang clothes when they come out of the machine in there. Using the tumble dryer for underwear, pjs etc also warms the room and dries it all faster.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
In Florida I use the dryer more as it has a cold setting. The things I can't tumble I put on a clothes horse in the garage, it dries really quickly. Incidentally I find all the clothes I've bought in Florida are tumble driable.
After growing up in the US, seeing kids t-shirts in Next that were marked "do not tumble dry" was a real surprise to me. Kids play clothes that couldn't be thrown in the dryer are ridiculous IMO. The big driers here mean that very few things need ironing if you hang them up straight away either.
Old 20 Oct 20, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I've stopped hanging things outside now, it just comes in wet and cold! We have a tumble dryer, I have to be sooo careful though as I have a habit of shrinking everything that goes in there even on the cooler setting 🙈
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I stopped end of september. My garden isnt the best for drying anyway but with me being at work it is difficult and feels damp when i leave so early on a morning.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

The washing goes out on any day that it will dry winter or summer. It doesn't matter if there is snow on the ground, it will still dry. Until I read this thread it would never have occured to me that people wouldn't put washing out.
Old 20 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Around now because I can’t be bothered if it doesn’t dry thoroughly when brought in putting it on an airer
Old 20 Oct 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Lovely full load of ‘whites’ dried on the line today. Smells so fresh and crisp.

Great drying day.

Disney332