Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Unless you are going to Virgin don’t cancel your broadband but allow the new provider to take it over to avoid a break in service
Sorry - I phrased that badly. Until I followed the help guide for cancelling, it kept just giving me a phone number, but once I said I was cancelling, I was given a message link and then got help to reduce my bill and renew my contract.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Tell them you are going to cancel. The first team are the renewal team. Just say cancel and refuse to discuss your contract
Within a day or two you will get a call. Ask them if they are the retention team. If not hang up. Eventually the retention team will call. Tell them you want the same package but at a lower rate than last year. If this does not work start to discuss the return of your equipment. don't mention virgin unless you know it's in your area as they already know this. When you settle on a price ask for some credit against your new bill. They can authorize this.
Remember if you agree a new contract do not fall into the trap of the reconnection fee. This is a new money making scam. You are not reconnecting as you have never left. Stand firm don't give in

Edited at 12:01 AM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Tell them you are going to cancel. The first team are the renewal team. Just say cancel and refuse to discuss your contract
Within a day or two you will get a call. Ask them if they are the retention team. If not hang up. Eventually the retention team will call. Tell them you want the same package but at a lower rate than last year. If this does not work start to discuss the return of your equipment. don't mention virgin unless you know it's in your area as they already know this. When you settle on a price ask for some credit against your new bill. They can authorize this.
Remember if you agree a new contract do not fall into the trap of the reconnection fee. This is a new money making scam. You are not reconnecting as you have never left. Stand firm don't give in
If you read the thread you’ll see the process has changed.
Those calls are far from a given this year.
If you have HD you don’t return the equipment as you own it so it’s wise to know this to avoid “no thanks it’s down to you to dispose of” , With Q once you cancel you are sent a returns pack automatically so nothing to discuss.
However your post did make me smile so thank you.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
If you contract has/is coming to an end then sky should be telling you as recommended by OFCOM..also apparantly sky told ofcom they will allow their out-of-contract customers to get the same deals as new customers, when they take out a new contract.

For those waiting for black friday, why wait. you maybe able to take a deal now and plan it so you can cancel if better offers come out. Also worth check.
My contract seems to have ended as I checked after seeing this thread and notice my next bill has jumped £30, so I checked and all the TV discounts have removed. We have not had any contact / letters advising this!

Need to get DH to call them up to sort something else out... well get DH to call them to pass security in order to pass the phone to me to discuss our new deal
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

After cancelling last week and then getting a stay with us email. I went back on messenger and got sky q (currently have the black hd box) signature for £15 pm and kids for £2. Definitely worth doing it.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I just tried getting a better deal with Sky; the Broadband side of my 18 month contract is up, but my TV side is still in contract till May (really want to get them back to same date if possible).

I spoke with a lovely lady in the "Value Team", but she couldn't get anywhere near the price I was paying just last month (£46.40); Broadband Essential, Sky Ultimate (I think) with Netflix & Boxsets, & HD.

She did say that it was the same price for Broadband Essential (where i currently get upto 11mb Download & 1mb upload) as the new Superfast.

Cheapest she could do for me was £60 though (with the new upgraded broadband).

I've said no for now as I don't want to have that much of a monthly price hike. Instead I checked what I could get as a new customer... added it all up and it's £49 a month.

Anyone know how I can get thru to anyone at Sky that will give me the "new customer" price?

Also, for anyone that has Broadband Superfast + SkyQ, do you get the new Sky Hub with it? I've currently still got the old SkyQ hub, which is not great with WiFi speeds.
Old 5 Dec 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I would recommend calling or using their chat functionality. Last week I renewed - they gave me a good real but i then mentioned the "better" deal i saw online. Gave the person the details and she checked and gave me the same deal so I think you just need to tell then you have seen that deal and would like that one.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have to make the dreaded call this week, are they allowed to give new customers a better price? I thought that was no longer allowed?
Old 5 Dec 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

I called them last week, the man in the call centre told me to go on the deals and ask for one. Was paying £95 per month all in, it was going up to £155 the deal they offering was £82.50 got that one including Netflix so DD can stop paying for it.

Linked to DD’s Netflix account and they had already changed it over.

Happy days 😁
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

It’s Sky Sports where they make the most money. Last Jan I was paying nearly £100 for sky with sky sports, Phone and broadband. As my team was doing badly and only on when the top teams were playing them I decided to remove the sports then all sports stopped for over 3 months and now all games highlights are available on the app or you tube so now I’m only paying £57 per month.
We get Virgin calls and post with good offers but I tell them to lay the cables now before the new drive Goes down hopefully in Jan or pay the remaining months on my sky contract. As I told them they not ruining my new drive afterwards.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List