Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Revolut Care - anyone had a problems

So I have everything sorted and prepared for our upcoming holiday... but for some reason I keep coming back to this card.

It maybe that I don’t want to trust all my money on a prepaid card, I’m not sure... I get that I can keep topping it up from my bank account so I can minimise the risk, but that’s a hassle.

Just wondered if anyone has ever had any problems with it, using it, losing it... ?

Any info to put my mind at rest would be good. 👍

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Not sure this will put your mind at ease but I used Revolut for ages and it was great...

Until I got an email from them saying due to their error one of my transactions hadn't gone through an demanding that I pay it now (a year after the transaction was made - I can't even remember what it was for). I complained and their customer service was appalling so I ended up just paying it and telling them I would be cutting up the card - to which I got no response.
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

I have never had a problem with it but I also make sure someone else in my party has one just incase.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Used it the last two years and never had a problem with it
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

I have had my Revolut card for over 2 years now and have always been very happy.

I love the security aspect- being able to switch off swipe payments, contactless, atm withdrawals and online transactions as required.

Love being able to freeze the card if you misplace it- saves cancelling only to find it an hour later.

Love being able to top up instantly from my debit card with no fees.

Love the ability to have 2 x cards on one account- i have 2- if i lost one whilst away i could freeze that card and still have a spare to use.

Love the exchange options- if the rates are good exchange a chuink and leave it sat in the currency you want but also exchange instantly at interbank rate which is better than anything you can find on the highstreet.

In 2 years i have had 2 x problems- on one occasion i couldn't make a payment for about 5 minutes as they had an issue with the service provider (mastercard on that occasion) and once i couldn't top up for about an hour- that ended up being a random fraud check from my bank.

I like that there are no fees for card payments in any of the supported currency's- its brilliant! (always make sure to pay in the local currency so revolut do the exchange)

Love that you can instantly transfer to other users- say i forgot my card- i can transfer currency over to the wife instantly and vice versa.

They listen to users- recently implemented a change to the app that i had actually requested in one of their frequent requests for ideas via twitter.

The one thing that i don't like is that you can only withdraw the equivalent of £200 per month from an atm without any fees. after that its a 2% fee. (£400 if you pay for the premium account)

Myself, My wife, My son all have Revolut cards, after using it extensively in Spain, England, Canary Islands, USA, i would not go back to travelling with cash. its convenient and safe.

you can top up small increments from your debit card rather than having a load of £ sat in the revolut account, but on the standard plan there is a 0.5% fee if exchanging more than £5000 in one month- if you want to use the card and think you may spend more than this then top up and exchange some over a month in advance- if you opt for premium (6.99 / month) there is no limit on exchange.

The premium account also gives you the ability to use disposable virtual cards...great for online shopping without the risk of card details being stored or potentially stolen in future.

If there is anything else you want to ask let me know!

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
versace1888
Excited about Disney

OMG the exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago! I got a text saying I was in negative balance and they debited my card - I haven't used the card since May 2017, so over a year ago, yet they think it's acceptable to debit the account without even contacting me first!

So this raised a few questions for me, how the hell can a pre-pay card go into a negative balance? Also, it wasn't even my card they debited the money from, the took it from my husbands card, which I'm pretty sure is fraud! I can categorically say I will never use them again and wouldn't recommed them. I've messaged them through the app and also on facebook and still to get an explanation! It was £85 they debited! xx
versace1888 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simmyoto View Post
I have had my Revolut card for over 2 years now and have always been very happy.

I love the security aspect- being able to switch off swipe payments, contactless, atm withdrawals and online transactions as required.

Love being able to freeze the card if you misplace it- saves cancelling only to find it an hour later.

Love being able to top up instantly from my debit card with no fees.

Love the ability to have 2 x cards on one account- i have 2- if i lost one whilst away i could freeze that card and still have a spare to use.

Love the exchange options- if the rates are good exchange a chuink and leave it sat in the currency you want but also exchange instantly at interbank rate which is better than anything you can find on the highstreet.

In 2 years i have had 2 x problems- on one occasion i couldn't make a payment for about 5 minutes as they had an issue with the service provider (mastercard on that occasion) and once i couldn't top up for about an hour- that ended up being a random fraud check from my bank.

I like that there are no fees for card payments in any of the supported currency's- its brilliant! (always make sure to pay in the local currency so revolut do the exchange)

Love that you can instantly transfer to other users- say i forgot my card- i can transfer currency over to the wife instantly and vice versa.

They listen to users- recently implemented a change to the app that i had actually requested in one of their frequent requests for ideas via twitter.

The one thing that i don't like is that you can only withdraw the equivalent of £200 per month from an atm without any fees. after that its a 2% fee. (£400 if you pay for the premium account)

Myself, My wife, My son all have Revolut cards, after using it extensively in Spain, England, Canary Islands, USA, i would not go back to travelling with cash. its convenient and safe.

you can top up small increments from your debit card rather than having a load of £ sat in the revolut account, but on the standard plan there is a 0.5% fee if exchanging more than £5000 in one month- if you want to use the card and think you may spend more than this then top up and exchange some over a month in advance- if you opt for premium (6.99 / month) there is no limit on exchange.

The premium account also gives you the ability to use disposable virtual cards...great for online shopping without the risk of card details being stored or potentially stolen in future.

If there is anything else you want to ask let me know!
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed reply... put my mind at rest for sure.

I take on board the other issues people have had, but I’ve had random late payments on my debit card.

Thanks all.

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I love my Revolut card. Used it in The Bahamas, Poland and Florida last year without incident... until the day we were due to fly home. The whole of the Revolut payment system went down for hours and no payments could be made by any customers. The money was disappearing from accounts but the payments were being declined by shops, etc. I tried to pay for a $100 item three times, $300 was taken from the card, but no payment properly went through. I had to pay using a different card. The $300 was eventually returned and I did claim back the fees I'd incurred by using another credit card. It took a while though and I wasn't overly impressed by how they dealt with it.

So, in short, I'd definitely use Revolut again but I'd always make sure I have a back up. I've now got a Halifax Clarity card, which also gives the perfect interbank exchange rate, and I plan on taking both with me on our next trip.
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Simmyoto
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by versace1888 View Post
OMG the exact same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago! I got a text saying I was in negative balance and they debited my card - I haven't used the card since May 2017, so over a year ago, yet they think it's acceptable to debit the account without even contacting me first!

So this raised a few questions for me, how the hell can a pre-pay card go into a negative balance? Also, it wasn't even my card they debited the money from, the took it from my husbands card, which I'm pretty sure is fraud! I can categorically say I will never use them again and wouldn't recommed them. I've messaged them through the app and also on facebook and still to get an explanation! It was £85 they debited! xx
This isn't just a Revolut issue. I had the same happen with my Natwest Debit card around a year ago. I had done some shopping in Asda and it hadn't been taken out of the bank. I knew i had done the shopping and kept expecting the charge to come in- took 6 months until they took the money.. i called and complained but was told that in rare cases it can be up to 2 years before a charge is made.. The question is did you realise at any point that an £85 transaction hadn't been debited from your account? I can understand you being upset about the time taken.. but are you saying you didn't make the card payment in the first place?
Simmyoto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
weedaisy
Getting Excited

whoops double post

Edited at 02:48 PM.
weedaisy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List