Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Dinglebert
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Location: Scottish Borders

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Facebook Marketplace. Is my mind in the gutter or is this real?

I will keep this clean as this is a family forum. Put a couple of things up for sale on Facebook Marketplace today. Noticed someone selling a ladies top where the top would appear to be being worn by the seller to show what it looks like. However the photo is displaying them rather than the top it could be said. Then I can see they are selling other items of clothing and again the images leave little to the imagination.

They are not x-rated as such but clearly are designed to display the seller rather than the item being sold.

Then I noticed someone other lady doing exactly the same. Is this just a version of cards in phonebooths?
Dinglebert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Minnie18
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Mobile

I understand where your coming from but personally I don't think the sellers are intending to come over in that manner. I think it's just the way of the world now.

If I knew how to post a link... I would link my classy post from a few months back.

Unfortunately it appears for some decorum has no meaning.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Dinglebert
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Location: Scottish Borders

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I understand where your coming from but personally I don't think the sellers are intending to come over in that manner. I think it's just the way of the world now.

If I knew how to post a link... I would link my classy post from a few months back.

Unfortunately it appears for some decorum has no meaning.
I will not be posting any links for two reasons

Firstly its family forum
Secondly the first person my be just selling clothes and I wouldn't want to embarrass her. Saying that not too sure I could do that.

I'm still thinking she is selling something other than the loose fitting tops which feature no undergarments.

If your right and I hope in many ways you are then I'm clearly completely out of touch.

It reminds me of my father wondering why the glam bands in the 70's had to wear so much make up and questioning their gender assignment.
Dinglebert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
mickey house
VIP Dibber
 
mickey house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Would you mind messaging me with a link to the said pictures (for research purposes only).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Minnie18
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Would you mind messaging me with a link to the said pictures (for research purposes only).
OM Days ! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Mr MH you are a law unto yourself.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Minnie18
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I will not be posting any links for two reasons

Firstly its family forum
Secondly the first person my be just selling clothes and I wouldn't want to embarrass her. Saying that not too sure I could do that.

I'm still thinking she is selling something other than the loose fitting tops which feature no undergarments.

If your right and I hope in many ways you are then I'm clearly completely out of touch.

It reminds me of my father wondering why the glam bands in the 70's had to wear so much make up and questioning their gender assignment.

Sorry for any confusion I wasn't asking you to post any links. I had posted a thread months ago pretty much regarding the same thing. Unfortunately my friend I think you are out of touch as such is modern times.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
coggie
Imagineer
 
coggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 07
Mobile

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I will keep this clean as this is a family forum. Put a couple of things up for sale on Facebook Marketplace today. Noticed someone selling a ladies top where the top would appear to be being worn by the seller to show what it looks like. However the photo is displaying them rather than the top it could be said. Then I can see they are selling other items of clothing and again the images leave little to the imagination.

They are not x-rated as such but clearly are designed to display the seller rather than the item being sold.

Then I noticed someone other lady doing exactly the same. Is this just a version of cards in phonebooths?
Is the seller wearing the top as it should be worn.. If so what is the issue
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
mickey house
VIP Dibber
 
mickey house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
I'm still patiently awaiting the link☹️
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Dinglebert
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Location: Scottish Borders

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Is the seller wearing the top as it should be worn.. If so what is the issue
No they focus is on what is under the items of clothing
Dinglebert is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
JudgeJ26
VIP Dibber
 
JudgeJ26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 16
Location: Whitstable
Mobile

My daughter was advertising some sandals recently. The picture only showed her feet wearing the sandals. She had some really creepy comments from a man about how pretty her feet were etc. This really unnerved her. She contacted the site admin but never had any response.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.2992
Covent Garden FX  $1.3190
FAIRFX  $1.3100
John Lewis  $1.3138
M&S  $1.2899
Post Office  $1.2883
Sainsburys  $1.3059
TESCO  $1.3073
Travelex  $1.3029
Updated: 12:00 27/11/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0895
Covent Garden FX  €1.1040
FAIRFX  €1.1050
John Lewis  €1.1013
M&S  €1.0817
Post Office  €1.0800
Sainsburys  €1.0959
TESCO  €1.0959
Travelex  €1.0925
Updated: 12:00 27/11/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now