Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for taking the time to update xx
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

So glad to hear of his progress. I assume the body is still healing and what with using all the energy to heal and a high metabolic rate he won’t gain like some would.
I am sure this will be fine as he moves towards the end of the healing.
Just think back to when you first posted and how he might have been. That wicked sense of humour is wonderful and I am sure he will have ups and downs but also so glad you managed to have a break too. Can’t believe the neck brace place is so near, as you say there has been a lot of faith, trust and pixie dust through all this so far,
Do take care.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
An update
He's according to his care team a miracle ( all those prayers and pixie dust Thankyou )
he has a few what now seem minor issues but in real live significant
His weight is still a major issue and I mean major if we get a week he's maintained we are happy and yes he eats well all home made
Good quality food I left 42 meals all made from scratch for him and DH before I came out to,the villa never mind the homemade soup selection etc
It now seems likely his weight will be an issue for some time to come
He's had a rough day today as his custom brace is now too big and causing issues with his skin new padding should arrive it home tomorrow I picked it up 20 mins from the villa and it was fed ex to uk
I just had to go to the next que
Every day is a journey and we are holding on to that
have you tried adding protein powder/complan type powders to his meals. The recovery process can burn a lot more calories then normal. Adding protein powder to meals adds no taste but can give a big boost its also a good option for those who want to eat healthier and not add calories with junk food. Complain is more balanced nutrition wise and has more calories but I find isn't as easy to add to meals.

DGd has serious weight issues and struggles to even maintain her weight let alone gain due to medical issues and her dietitian said to fry foods rather than grill, add extra butter/cheese to things like veg/mash make sure you use full fat dairy and give her chocolate & nuts to boost her calorie intake without needing to make portion sizes bigger. They also recommended getting her to eat every 2 hours during the day.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Such a massive improvement from your first posts. Sorry about his weight issues and hope some solution can be found. Love to you all and thanks for the update.🤞
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Just wanted to add my good wishes. Your son has come a long way, I hope his health and weight gain improves
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thinking of you all this Christmas. Hope you all have some lovely family time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Best wishes Helen, we are all thinking of you and your family this Christmas. Hoping for more improvement for your son. He is your Christmas miracle!
Old 24 Dec 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together xx 🎄☃️🎅🏻🤶🏻
Old 24 Dec 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
All the best to you and the family, xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Happy Christmas to you and your family xx

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List