Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Which MPV/people carrier/family car...

I’m sure there lots of different cars out there in Dibb Land so I’m after some advice.

Looking into switching my golf for something more family friendly. My biggest need is the largest cabin space for the back seats as we have 2 ERF car seats that take up a lot of room and leave the front seats without much leg room.

So recommendations please. I’m thinking along the lines of a VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy/SMax etc but will happily look at anything that is lovely and roomy.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I drive an i800 Hyundai
I have four kids and needed a lot of space
It’s a fabulous car and has a massive boot and massive inside
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The Citroen Picasso’s tend to have 3 separate seats in the back which means you can fit 2 Car seats in and an adult can fit too. My mum and dad can get three car seats in the back of theirs for the grandkids.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
So recommendations please. I’m thinking along the lines of a VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy/SMax etc but will happily look at anything that is lovely and roomy.
We had a Volvo V90 on loan before 'lockdown' and really liked it.

It's worth trying out the MPV/4x4 type cars for a weekend as not everybody likes the high up driving position. I realise many love them.

The traditional shooting break style estates like the Volvo V90 are incredibly capacious, and can have seven seats.
Even a V60 has a lot of room.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

A Toyota Verso was great when we had 3 car seats. We have a Mitsubishi asx now which is decent size in back.

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

No car seats but our Nissan XTrail is amazing with space and spec.
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
We have a Volvo XC60 and love it, would love an XC90 but don't have the need for even more space. Ours is about 5 years old and we looked to get a newer one a couple of years ago and thought the spec wasn't as good for a lot more money so stuck with ours.

I also love the Jaguar F-pace. We did a launch day a few years ago and it was lovely to drive and very spacious.
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have a grand cmax which is a seven seater. It has a lot of bells and whistles for a Ford.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we had a Renault kadjar which was good but have recently changed to a Vauxhall granlanderx great wagon with loads of room. It’s also economical.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
We have a Volvo XC60 and love it, would love an XC90 but don't have the need for even more space. Ours is about 5 years old and we looked to get a newer one a couple of years ago and thought the spec wasn't as good for a lot more money so stuck with ours.

I also love the Jaguar F-pace. We did a launch day a few years ago and it was lovely to drive and very spacious.
The XC60 has been my favourite car to date, loads of room in both the back seats and the boot. I have a BMW X1 now and I really dislike it, I'll be going back to a Volvo soon. If money was no object I would get the XC90 but the new ones are just too far over the budget!

OP when my kids were little and we had 2 car seats we had a Ford Galaxy, all 5 rear seats were full size and could be taken out separately so plenty of storage if needed. Mind you I'm not sure if that's the same with the newer models as I'm going back over 10 years now. If I was to buy a MPV now rather than an SUV I would go with a Ford SMax. Two friends have them with small kids and they don't have a bad word to say

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List