Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jul 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

August, eat out to help out!

Has anyone booked anywhere for this?

I've had multiple emails in the last few days from places saying they are participating.

I have just booked a table at TGI for DH and I for Wednesday next week, will be nice to go after we finish work (wfh). Looking forward to some of the JD sauce!

I'm also thrilled that Costa are participating although not sure we will manage to go as we are both wfh and won't have enough time when we take a break at lunch.

There is a huge list somewhere I found the other day where you could put in your postcode and it listed who had signed up. Need to find it again! It was on a government site I think.

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I just googled it and amazing how many cafes/restaurants are participating, and as you say even costa (all my local ones are now open).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

yes! I was really surprised how many places have signed up. Really big list. I was almost tempted by a half price subway hahaha, not sure why, the only time I have subway is when we are in FL, always seem to end up having one at some point and they are always good.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
yes! I was really surprised how many places have signed up. Really big list. I was almost tempted by a half price subway hahaha, not sure why, the only time I have subway is when we are in FL, always seem to end up having one at some point and they are always good.
I haven't tried Subway in Florida, but in my experience in the UK they're bland, tasteless and a complete waste of money - you'd have to pay me to eat there again.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

they aren't too bad for a quick salad sandwich, I think they are quite generous with the fillings in the US compared to here. I always get a BLT which is usually quite tasty.

Not sure if you'd have to eat it inside, we have a local one so wouldn't be too hard I guess to do so.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Would you have to eat it in the shop? Love subway but find them expensive
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes booked our local Indian and a local hotel plus a restaurant in Edinburgh for a day out.
Old 31 Jul 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Yes I'm excited. I have reservations for TGI, hope to go to Five Guys too but will mostly try to go to independents, there's a new buffet place that's opened up by us and my favourite Asian restaurant.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We'll be booking for youngest DS 16th on the 25th. Eldest and his GF going out to dinner next week. Think it's really important if we can afford it to go out and support local businesses as much as we can
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We've got 6 meals planned for the next two weeks and then we should be going on holiday. I've booked TGI Friday and the rest are local independent restaurants - a smokehouse, Italian, Indian and pubs. I would like a Subway (I like their salads) and a Five Guys too!

For those asking, you do have to 'eat-in' so drive thru's and take away aren't included.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List