Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Isolating at home ...

So I'm currently isolating at home due to my work colleague being diagnosed last week with covid .I know that technically I'm not supposed to leave the house which is absolutely fine ,but my question is am I allowed to go and collect my son who lives with us from work which is in the middle of no where late at night iff I don't leave the car or come into contact with anyone else ? ... I regularly do this journey and don't come into contact or speak to anyone anyway ... ?
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFan2012
Excited about Disney

We’re isolating too so I feel your pain. The official rules are that you shouldn’t leave your house/garden. If there is a check whilst you’re out, you could be fined

Previous trips: Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, Villa stays, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, Disney Cruises, Disneyland Paris, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside
DisneyFan2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Should your son also be isolating if he lives with you? If you are picking him up so he starts isolating and the alternative is public transport ?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

You're unfortunately not allowed to leave the house unless it's a medical emergency.
jndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought when isolating you were even meant to isolate from everyone in your house too.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Households only isolate if a member of the household has symptoms. My dh is isolating as he had contact with a positive case (also a work colleague). If he gets symptoms we have to isolate too.
jndt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Hi ,thankyou everyone ,as I'm not displaying any symptoms im the only one who has to isolate thankfully .We'll just have to figure out another option to get son home ... the sooner he passes his test ! ...thanks everyone x
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
So I'm currently isolating at home due to my work colleague being diagnosed last week with covid .I know that technically I'm not supposed to leave the house which is absolutely fine ,but my question is am I allowed to go and collect my son who lives with us from work which is in the middle of no where late at night iff I don't leave the car or come into contact with anyone else ? ... I regularly do this journey and don't come into contact or speak to anyone anyway ... ?
Why are you isolating? Have you been told to by track and trace?

A colleague having tested positive does not mean that you need to isolate, not unless you live with or are in a support bubble with your colleague.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Why are you isolating? Have you been told to by track and trace?

A colleague having tested positive does not mean that you need to isolate, not unless you live with or are in a support bubble with your colleague.
Public health England and the Education department informed us that myself and my other colleague, plus the class need to (school) .
Old 23 Oct 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by top4 View Post
There are two answers to this - both unfortunately don't come out on the side of the answer you want

1) You can't leave the house to drive somewhere (even though you don't plan to interact with anyone) because if you break down or have an accident you will then need to interact - you have put others at risk

2) You can't be isolating and also picking up a family member that is impossible - you would have to interact with the family member in order to pick them up. Whilst your family doesn't have to isolate in your circumstances you should be avoiding contact with your family - eating in seperate rooms, sleeping apart etc.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List