Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
So so much
All parents are proud of their kids Jo
But to be fair until I saw my reaction to Omegas post , I don’t think I really realised just HOW proud I am of her

These last few years have also made me really appreciate how somebody’s ‘ easy’ is someone else’s ‘nearly impossible’ and that every milestone in someone’s personal achievements should be really recognised and praised no matter how relatively low compared to others the achievement is
Those words are just SO wise and apply to everyone. It's just not everyone realises it.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Buryboy, your posts have really moved me. I can’t quite find the right words to be honest 💕
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
somebody’s ‘ easy’ is someone else’s ‘nearly impossible’ and that every milestone in someone’s personal achievements should be really recognised and praised no matter how relatively low compared to others the achievement is
That is so true

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

So so much
All parents are proud of their kids Jo
But to be fair until I saw my reaction to Omegas post , I don’t think I really realised just HOW proud I am of her

These last few years have also made me really appreciate how somebody’s ‘ easy’ is someone else’s ‘nearly impossible’ and that every milestone in someone’s personal achievements should be really recognised and praised no matter how relatively low compared to others the achievement is
I am another who admire how supportive and caring you have been, your love for your family is so clear in every post. I can’t imagine how hard this must have been for you to see your daughter going through.

Her achievements are amazing, she has come so far. I’m sure this is partially down to the wonderful love and care from you as parents. I’m so pleased to hear these positive updates xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just wanted to share my Facebook post from Monday night. So proud of the progress she is making

"So on 18th March . our daughter Emma was admitted to the Priory hospital in Altrincham with an eating disorder. She weighed a fraction under 6 stones. ( first picture taken a few weeks later) . She has put on over 2 stones and now weighs in excess of 8 stones. ( 2nd picture) . She and us have been through some really dark times during those 6 months - threatening suicide , attempting to run away from hospital , marking herself , drawing over herself, hitting herself with objects and against walls etc, halucinating , seeing dead people in front of her, being scared to go to sleep for fear of a plane landing on the hospital or there being a fire, refusing medication , barricading herself in her room ,being physically unable even to walk out of the hospital due to fear, she hasnt allowed some members of family to even visit her.
It is only for one night for now , but she is currently fast asleep in her bed in OUR house , for the first time since 18 March. She has an enormous amount of recovery to do before we have her back full time , but it is the first step. We are so proud of her - for however much it has been so difficult for me Rachel and Sam , I cant imagine what it is has been like for Emma
Keep fighting the illness Emma , we love you dearly and will support you through all your difficulties and help you grow into whatever you want to be"

Wanted to do a little update . The above was from September 2016.

Please take the time to open up the quoted post as it becomes relevant below

The relevance is that just as that was the first she stayed at home overnight for 6 months , tonight is the first time ( other than when she has been in hospital ) that she has stayed overnight away from home .
As a reward for doing well where she works ( M&S) , she was awarded a prize along with another lady at her store , of an all expenses paid trip to see the premiere today of Frozen 2 in London

M&S have been fantastic for her ( they don’t know her ‘ backstory’ so please no-one pass it on who happens to work there)

She was still nervous about going - the eating with others, the overnight away from us , the big city experience , the journey down by train etc - but excited at the opportunity. This is her “living the future” that has been her fear all along
Hopefully she will have a great time and it will stand her in good stead to tackle other things

To update other stuff since the last update , it has been mainly positive . Eating isn’t great , and she is having a few issues with newish medication she is on to try to combat her ‘ monthlies’ which scare her

But , she has received a provisional driving licence ( not had chance to go out with her yet and I think now it’s come, she is a bit nervous - understandably

And she has just submitted a UCAS form to go to university next year.
It is nowhere near certain she will take it - there needs to be much more improvement in the next 10 months - but just the fact she is looking ahead is a big step forward

Thanks as always for your ongoing support x
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:21 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Wow well done to Emma on winning the award. How fantastic for her. My fingers are tightly crossed that she was ok? You must be so very proud.
Such a positive update. Even just wanting to tackle driving and uni is a big step in the right direction. I hope you are feeling encouraged by all of this. I know it’s early days and may not happen but at least she wants it to. Please let us know how her trip away was for her. So hoping she enjoys it. Thanks for updating us... and so happy it’s so encouraging. Thinking of you all x
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

She really is being so brave, I think its fair to say we are all very proud of her 😊

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great update and as you have posted - "every parent is proud of their child"

I think you have a daughter who should be so proud of the strength and comfort you have provided on this journey.
Your selfless dedication to ensuring she has made this much progress is incredible.

As for Emma, she is an inspiration to everyone who ever reads about her journey and to hear that her work at M&S has been recognised is such a huge step forward.

As always - small steps and keep that forward momentum continuing - with all the love and support from The Dibb.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great update and as you have posted - "every parent is proud of their child"

I think you have a daughter who should be so proud of the strength and comfort you have provided on this journey.
Your selfless dedication to ensuring she has made this much progress is incredible.

As for Emma, she is an inspiration to everyone who ever reads about her journey and to hear that her work at M&S has been recognised is such a huge step forward.

As always - small steps and keep that forward momentum continuing - with all the love and support from The Dibb.
Many thanks for the kind words from you and others .
What I would say is that although I offer as much support as I can to our daughter, it is nothing compared to that given by my dear wife.
She works part time and has done pretty much all the doctors /nurses / therapist etc appointments , pretty much all of the stressful at times meal and snack times , drops her at work and picks her up , even when she starts on a 7am shift on a Saturday for example , she gets up to get her breakfast ( Emma won’t make her own ) and take her to work before getting back in bed.
All I have done is go to the ‘ bigger meetings’ , do the odd shift at doctors / mealtimes etc , and provide encouragement where necessary
My DW doesn’t come on here ( she doesn’t even know about this thread ) but it is her that deserves all the praise in the world for getting us this far
This thread has been great for my own mental health through all your support and I do often read it back in quiet times to remember how far we have come .
I am honestly not sure I could have got through it without my own little haven in here , so a massive thank you to everyone
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 02:37 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Emma has done a collage today of some of her pictures
The ‘ face your fears’ was the back of the entrance ticket and so perfect