Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Sep 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

The Highlands Fling. Day 1 Magic Kingdom

26th August Magic Kingdom

We all woke up loads in the night. A combination of strange beds and time difference.

I eventually got up at 3:50 and sat by the pool writing up my trip report notes. It was already 27 degrees at 4am!

Paul got up just after me and we both had a dip in the pool. We woke up Beth and all got ready. We decided to have breakfast at IHOP in Berry Town Centre where we were the second set of people in there.

We all had coffee to drink, I had the french toast combo (strawberry and banana), Paul had the 2 egg breakfast plus bacon side and Beth had the spilt decision.

It was all lovely and the bill came to $39.72. We gave the server $50 and left at 7:50.

We drove to Magic Kingdom and parked in Simba 114. We decided as there was no rush to get the boat over.

We had a photo pass photo in front of the castle before we all got too hot and sweaty even though we were already starting to get that way and went to our first ride - Pirates of the Caribbean.

Even though we had not long had breakfast me and Beth decided on a snack. She had a dole whip float and I had the raspberry swirl version. We sat and ate those and Paul had a water as he doesn’t like ice cream.

Paul’s favourite ride next - It’s a Small World. I can’t understand why people were using fast passes for this and they weren’t just people with small kids. We then went on Haunted Mansion and I got a mug for Beth that says “I’m not a mourning person”. I do love a WDW mug as my cupboard in the kitchen will verify.

Lunch was next and none of us were very hungry so we got 2 chilli cheese fries between the 3 of us from Cosmic Rays along with 2 cokes and a couple of ice waters for Paul as he doesn’t like pop, sorry - soda.

There was a family sat behind us with 2 kids that had a few cans of pop so obviously brought in and they basically just helped themselves to the toppings bar for lunch without buying anything from there. They literally had a table full of the little cardboard dishes and kept going back for more. I know things are tight for some people and if they bring their own food and sit in the air con fair enough but I thinking basically stealing food is a no no. We had finished the food and I still had a full coke left (I can’t eat and drink at the same time) and a woman asked if we were leaving and was quite put out that we weren’t!

We headed over to the People Mover stopping at a store on the way and got Paul a T-shirt with Slinky Dog on that says “Abs of steel”. The People Mover stopped twice but it was nice to have a cool sit down then we went for our fastpass at Space Mountain where the standby time was 70 minutes. So much for quiet parks in the 3rd week of August!

Our next fastpass was Splash Mountain so we went over to Frontierland via the purple wall to take a few pictures of Beth. She has always been really shy but has had a boyfriend for the last few months and has really come out of her shell which is fab.

We called at a few shops on the way and I got a grape soda pin from the store (ooo look how American I am using store rather than shop) in Frontier Land. The fastpass queue for Splash Mountain was massive but moved quite quickly. I’m glad I wasn’t in the standby queue as it was so hot in there.

We had had enough by that point and couldn’t be bothered to wait another hour for our fastpass for Big a Thunder Mountain and the standby queue was too big so decided to go back to the villa as we were about the hit the first day wall of tiredness. We walked through the Emporium for the air con and the start of the parade was just by the exit so we decided to watch it as Paul loves the parade. It was sooooo hot stood there though.

As Peter Kay would say, on the way home we did a ‘big shop’ at Walmart which cost $150. Whilst we were in the queue we saw a guy grab his (and family’s stuff )from the trolley, put it on the belt and just abandon the trolley right in our way. Not sure if this is usual practice or if he was just an idiot.

We bought subs for tea and ate them by the pool after a dip but a storm soon stopped play.

Edited at 12:12 AM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Great day
Old 7 Sep 19, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

great report

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great first day! You defo do hit that wall on the first day!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List