Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 7 Epcot and Disney Springs

The original plan for today was Typhoon Lagoon but with the weather looking a bit dodgy we booked some fast passes for Epcot and went there instead.

I had recently upgraded my phone to the iPhone XS Max and wanted a WDW cover but there was nothing I had seen I had really liked. The ones I did like weren’t for my phone so we called into the photo shop at the front of the park where they seemed to have a decent range. I wanted to check in Mouse Gears so I didn’t buy anything then but kept some in mind.

Our first fastpass was for Soaring and we were being sat in our seats when the guy next to us noticed that in the row in front there was a drink of something leaky and going all over the floor so informed a cast member. It’s ok but too many dangly legs. Standby was 20 minutes so we just walked back round and straight back on.

Thirsty and hungry we then went to Sunshine Seasons for pastries and drinks and caught up with the Grand Prix results.

We had fast passes for Mission Space. Paul doesn’t really like spinny so da this one out saying he would go on it next time we were in the park. We sent a postcard home afterwards.

We wanted to ride Test Track but the standby queue was too long so skipped it and went over to Mouse Ears. I tired on a purple spirit jersey but the shape didn’t suit me so I bought a Nightmare Before Christmas hoody instead which was better (and cheaper!). We bought a Mickey yellow foot toy for our dog Poppy and a couple of keyrings. The cast member was a bit odd and made me show ID before she would process the transaction for some reason. There were no phone cases I liked in there so heading out I got a Stitch case from the shop there.

It was hot when we got back to the car!

We decided to go over to Disney Springs and parked in the Orange Garage as could track down the entrance to Lime. We were going to have lunch originally but no one was that hungry so we went for drinks at Jock Lindsays Hangar Bar and sat in the boat outside and Paul nipped to guest services to draw some cash out. Paul had coffee to drink, Beth a coke and me a bud light which hit the spot. It started to rain heavily so we moved from the boat to the covered area.

Beth wanted another look in Sephora so we went in there and both bought various bits and pieces including being matched for a foundation each. Beth joined the club but only got a sample as s free gift so was disappointed. We had spent twice as much in there as we did in the Florida Mall branch too.

Paul said he would have food from the villa but me and Beth fancied an Earl of Sandwich so Paul sat somewhere in the sun whilst we got our lunch. The queue moved quickly but it took ages to get the sandwiches with many people complaining how long it was taking. Beth had a buffalo chicken wrap and I had the holiday turkey and a bread pudding.

The Co-Op store was calling us and we bought the dog 3 Haunted Mansion balls.

I had seen on Facebook that Wine Bar George were doing frozen rose in a pink corksicle so I decided to get one of those with a metal straw. It wasn’t cheap at nearly $40 with the drink but I am sure it will be used loads.

On the drive back it was really chucking it down and we cold hardly see in front of us so got google maps to take us off the 192 through the Formosa Gardens shortcut which was much better and the rain stopped shortly afterwards.

We called at Walmart as Paul wanted a cheap watch as the strap had broke on his other one and we got a few bits and pieces whilst we were there. Beth decided to buy herself some pens when we were there but when I asked her for the money - they were $14 she said she hadn’t thought they were that expensive and got all sh**** about paying for them. I would have let her off but had spent nearly $40 in Sephora on her as she only bought her foundation and I paid for the rest. Words were said about being ungrateful!

Whilst we were in Walmart, I had a text from BFF asking where we were as she thought she had forgotten the set the alarm on the villa. We were only up the road so went there and checked everything was ok before going home for food and pool time.

My Sephora haul.

2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Kids can be the worst for expecting parents to pay for things! Mine think money grows on trees! What a shame your friends had to leave a day early!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Kids can be the worst for expecting parents to pay for things! Mine think money grows on trees! What a shame your friends had to leave a day early!
DD is an only child and is a bit spoilt but I was determined not to give in!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List