Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Run Disneyland Trip - Day 1 - Newport Bay and Disneyland Park

Travel Day 2 link here - https://DIBB.in/14126033

Thankfully I had a better nights sleep! Despite having good intentions of getting up early and checking in to Newport Bay in time for extra magic hours I decided to let the kids stay in bed as long as they needed.

In fact we never ever make use of EMH, they are just not for us, we value sleep too much (although this had to change for Run Disney LOL!)

At 9am I went over to Starbucks for a coffee for me and a Mango Smoothie for Phoebe, Joe still didn't really fancy anything. I promptly dropped my coffee on the floor when I got back to the room .

I then repacked our stuff and went over to the luggage area where they were completely flabbergasted by my request to transfer luggage to Newport Bay , I have previously done luggage transfers without difficulty to Disneyland Hotel and guess it must be that it is not to the flagship hotel. Anyway I managed to convince them to do it, I think the fact I speak French helped here. They thought I was Canadian!

Anyway luggage issue resolved we caught the very busy shuttle (I have no idea how we would have managed with the luggage) over to the village and headed across to the Newport Bay. This is the first time I have stayed there, and it completes DLP Hotel Bingo for me, at least until the Marvel Hotel opens next year! We really like the Newport but I have to say that Disneyland Hotel has ruined us, the convenience of being at the park entrance is worth it for me!

We passed the Run Disney Expo area, more on that later and Phoebe was delighted to discover the Disney goats!

When we got to Newport Bay we were able to check in but the room was not ready so we got our tickets, booked lunch at the Silver Spur Steakhouse and headed towards the Disneyland Park, via Starbucks so I could finally have a coffee!

A note on the greenpass, since my last visit this is now issued in the hotel if you are staying on site, this is so much easier, we didn't even need to show evidence as they had it on file from the carer discount! Well done Disney! I'm not sure if I have mentioned above but both Kids are on the Autism Spectrum, they are high functioning but struggle with sensory issues and anxiety. The Green pass is a godsend as we can only manage a few hours in the parks before they become overwhelmed.

We eventually got to the park and Phoebe was so happy to be in her 'happy place'! This is probably our 11th visit in as many years and familiarity is a good thing with our kids.

We were delighted to see some halloween decor in the parks for the first time.

By way of tradition the first ride we rode was BTM. Love this ride!

We then headed over to Pirates before our lunch reservation at the Silver Spur Steakhouse. We had full board plus for this trip due to a booking error and it was definitely too much food.

It was our first visit to the Silver Spur, the food was nice but the service was slow. I had a great chat with an American father and adult son who had made a one day visit as part of a business trip to France. I shared a couple of tips of things in France that are not in WDW, such as the Dragon under the castle. They shared with me their favourite restaurants in WDW. It was nice to have an adult conversation! Although there will be more of that to come when Simon arrives tonight, he couldn't come the whole time due to work commitments.

From the Silver Spur we headed to the Phantom Manor (first time since the refurb)

After that the kids had had enough so we walked back to the hotel, it was now after 3 so our room should be ready.

We walked past the Run Disney Expo on the way back. It was packed! It opened at 3pm on the Thursday and lots of rare merchandise is available so people like to go then. We decided to go the Friday morning instead when Simon would be with us.

We got our room key and had an amazing room! It was a corner room and had loads of space. I've uploaded a floor plan so you can see as it is much bigger than the standard rooms.

After we had checked in and unpacked the kids decided to have a swim, I went down with them and supervised from the side.

From there we went to get ready to meet some people from the Facebook Run Disney Paris Fans site, the arrangement was to meet in the Bar at Sequoia a quick walk away. We went and met the famous Liz Read and some other lovely runners from over the world.

From there we had dinner at Hunters Grill which is always a nice buffet and then the kids played pool while I had a cocktail with the group.

We then headed back to Newport to wait for Simon who eventually arrived, exhausted, at about midnight

Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Great report! I was also at the DLP event so looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the races! I've booked to go back next year and stay at the Newport Bay for the first time so great to hear your thoughts on that too Thanks so much for sharing...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Great report! I was also at the DLP event so looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the races! I've booked to go back next year and stay at the Newport Bay for the first time so great to hear your thoughts on that too Thanks so much for sharing...
Thank you

I'm enjoying so much going through the photos, wasn't the weather fantastic that weekend , except for the Sunday afternoon !

I'm going to book for next year, but holding off booking until I can buy a package with bibs direct as I don't think I can cope with the uncertainty!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
Thank you

I'm enjoying so much going through the photos, wasn't the weather fantastic that weekend , except for the Sunday afternoon !

I'm going to book for next year, but holding off booking until I can buy a package with bibs direct as I don't think I can cope with the uncertainty!
We were so lucky with the weather! I do worry about what sitting in the corrals would be like in torrential rain! Loved the day 2 report with the 5k pictures. You are going to love the W&D races too. So jealous as I'll be out there but can't get a bib at the moment I was there last year for the 10k. I found the corrals much less busy in WDW and hopefully it will be a bit less stressful for your son. I saw lots more characters as the photo lines move very quickly! Thanks again for sharing the report - am loving reliving the Magic Weeekend.
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List