Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Jan 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

YT - great review!

Can I just ask about the Skyliner - is it possible to just ride it right round in a loop? I’d very much like to try in next year, but won’t be staying anywhere in the loop, so wouldn’t really want to get off if I could avoid it! (Was thinking I’d nip out the back door of Epcot one day, do a loop and then re-enter Epcot in the same place - is that possible? Will it take forever? (Even without breakdowns!) x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
YT - great review!

Can I just ask about the Skyliner - is it possible to just ride it right round in a loop? I’d very much like to try in next year, but won’t be staying anywhere in the loop, so wouldn’t really want to get off if I could avoid it! (Was thinking I’d nip out the back door of Epcot one day, do a loop and then re-enter Epcot in the same place - is that possible? Will it take forever? (Even without breakdowns!) x
Hi Amy. It’s not a loop as such, it’s three branches, but yes, certainly you can ride it and just come back.

One branch goes from International Gateway of Epcot so get on that. It takes you to Riviera, (can get off or just stay on), then the Boardwalk car park (turning station cannot get off), then to Caribbean Beach which is the main station so to speak. At Caribbean Beach you have to get off, even if just going back to Epcot, but you can just re- board.
At the station at Caribbean Beach there is one line then that goes only to HWS, and one that goes to Art of Animation/ Pop. The latter is pretty good as it goes over the lake.
On any route you can simply re-board and come back. Virtually no queues even at Xmas, although when it was getting slightly busier on some days we were put in with other people. Otherwise if you are a family of 4 90% of the time we had a gondola to ourselves. We rode it multiple times on all lines.
We loved Skyliner, it was one of my son’s favourite ‘rides’, they just need to increase its reliability a bit.
Old 5 Jan 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Hi Amy. It’s not a loop as such, it’s three branches, but yes, certainly you can ride it and just come back.

One branch goes from International Gateway of Epcot so get on that. It takes you to Riviera, (can get off or just stay on), then the Boardwalk car park (turning station cannot get off), then to Caribbean Beach which is the main station so to speak. At Caribbean Beach you have to get off, even if just going back to Epcot, but you can just re- board.
At the station at Caribbean Beach there is one line then that goes only to HWS, and one that goes to Art of Animation/ Pop. The latter is pretty good as it goes over the lake.
On any route you can simply re-board and come back. Virtually no queues even at Xmas, although when it was getting slightly busier on some days we were put in with other people. Otherwise if you are a family of 4 90% of the time we had a gondola to ourselves. We rode it multiple times on all lines.
We loved Skyliner, it was one of my son’s favourite ‘rides’, they just need to increase its reliability a bit.
Sounds like my sort of ride too! Thanks YT x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I have to say I also really love Saratoga Springs. Our biggest problem at the moment is we don't feel like we have enough points and really want some more. We're not due to go this year and its absolutley killing me!
If you ever want to be added to our email list to receive the new DVC listings on Mondays and Thursdays you can let me know.

Thanks and since you are going this year I hope it goes by fast for you.
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Jason, I hope you don’t mind me pointing out- For those who may not know, Jason works for Buy and Sell DVC- one of the well known DVC brokers, Scott who owns the company I noticed also has come on here.
Old 6 Jan 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Did they bring you up both the luggage and the groceries and charged $6?
I had a call with Yvonne and the woman responsible for resorts (I think her name is Elisabeth but not sure) and they told me that if bell services bring up both, then there should not be a fee, because the time is paid with DVC fees. To charge the $6 fee they need to code the delivery in their system as groceries only, so the bell services time is paid by the resort which can then charge the fee.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Going to BC Villas in Sept so had a look round this Christmas. Have stayed in the BC hotel before but really liked the look of the villas. Went to Riveria on the Skyliner and the hotel looks lovely, especially Toppolino’s Terrance restaurant. It wouldn’t be my first choice of deluxe resort but verynice
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Jason, I hope you don’t mind me pointing out- For those who may not know, Jason works for Buy and Sell DVC- one of the well known DVC brokers, Scott who owns the company I noticed also has come on here.
Thank you very much for letting others know. If anyone needs to sell their DVC Property or looking to buy additional DVC points we would be happy to help. We have worked with money foreign sellers before regarding the FIRPTA so if the need arises let us know.

Thanks,
Jason