Notices

Old 19 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Boma is my favourite breakfast but if you're using a TS credit you may as well go for the more expensive option and have dinner. I am drooling just thinking about it!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

I'm really enjoying reading your planning process even though most of it up to this point is not relevant to our trip as we're staying offsite! Holiday planning has always been one of my favourite things, it turns out I also love reading other people's holiday planning. I do like the idea of the lounges mind and I'm hoping to include at least Nomad Lounge in our itinerary.
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow! That is some serious planning I honestly almost had to take notes for my reply, so I could remember where you chose I am so old!

We did LTT last summer and really enjoyed it, the ooey gooey toffee cake was soooo good and I don’t even like cake!

We visited Boma for dinner but I convinced Adam we still needed to try the bread service at Sanaa, so we just ordered it at the bar and had it with cocktails- it was really really good. We did however have to order extra naan as we are greedy

House of Blues is one of our favourites- casual setting with plenty of choice. I might have to put the pulled pork burger on my list for our next visit.

Just putting it it out there, our favourite place in DS was the Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill and there is steak on the menu (for Max) for just 1 TS credit. It was the only meal that Adam said he would have paid OOP for on the dining plan. He loved the 10oz flat iron steak and also had a side of Tuscan roasted potatoes, my chicken was awesome and Cooper had a campfire s’mores sundae that was bigger than his head! It also had a brilliant atmosphere.

I look forward to seeing what your final choices are - I changed ours several times, even whilst we were there! Who doesn’t love a bit of planning excitement

Edited at 08:24 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Meant to say that we got to see a few animals too from the special viewing area at AKL priot to our late breakfast. We also love their theming in the Lobby and if you did decide to do it, then you could easily do Blizzard Beach and the Mini Golf. Or go back to AK or onto somewhere else...
I'm really excited to see some of the animals when we stay at AKL. You're making it sound very appealing.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I think extending your CBR stay was a good choice, and probably what I would have done, i’m glad you were able to book it (and that it wasn’t booked up by the people ahead of you in the queue!)

I am impressed by your dedication to sticking to trying new places. One more possibility for HS, when is the new restaurant in Toy Story Land meant to be opening? You have lots of great choices though

Trattoria Al Forno is really good, I went there in 2018 and loved it, it is nice to have a couple of male characters too not just the princesses, great for the food and the characters

We are people who love Chef Mickey’s! It’s become an awkward one for me as it has become a tradition so we have to do it on every trip according to the rest of my family, which limits us going to other places. If you do try it, I would suggest either a late brunch (2pm onwards) or early dinner (5ish) reservation as they break between brunch and dinner service so it is not as packed and hectic at those times
I did think about the new Toy Story restaurant, but as we don't have a firm opening date I think I'll leave it until next trip then we'll have a new one at HS for us! I'm glad you loved Trattoria so much, I'm keen to try it.

Another vote for Chef Mickey, good tip about trying to book up less popular time slots. The character's always spend more time with you if there are fewer people in the restaurant

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Also to add another recommendation for Boma breakfast which we did in 2015 and enjoyed, I wanted to go back there but couldn’t fit it in last time
Boma is on the cards I just need to decide between breakfast and dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I like the idea of writing down all the places you've eaten including snacks! 97! WOW! I think it's a great idea to try new TS places and as you say, you never know you may have new favourites. I think there's way too many QS locations to narrow down.

at Max trying to change Kate's mind on her choice, I knew after last year he'd say CRT. Dave's input is so funny, this was Chris the last 2 times ... but this time he's trying to have more of an input but after I've made plans I think I'd prefer her to be like Dave right now

I'm so glad your going back to Tony's, I debated it for our OOP meal but as we wanted the parade package it would be too out of our budget ... damn being a family of 5

Garden Grill is a must do for us next time we have the DDP and I'm so glad your going back as it's always been a family favourite hasn't it Now I've just read on and seen you've forgone it for LTT I'm sure LTT will be amazing and that ooey gooey toffee cake looks amazing. I was tempted to make a reservation just for the dessert but I don't want the server to lose out on tips from a table of 5

I've never realised just how poor the TS choices are in AK and HS! I feel the same about Rainforest Cafe, we've done the one in London and don't fancy repeating it again, although I think Noah would love it. I never realised that you hasn't tried Yak N Yeti before! Looks like it'll be a first for us both this year are you going to sign Dave up to a Landry's card too and you can split the bill and get $50 off

Ooooo sneaky Dave getting an extra choice in there DisneyDaffodil really enjoyed Coral Reef, I think it's in her report too. I'm quite looking forward to seeing Space220, I think it'll be a 1TS, fingers crossed!

Can't wait to see Topolinos Terrace, it looks fab on the vlogs and characters look so cuter in their outfits not too much of a walk from CBR either.

You know we loved Sanaa, you also know how picky our kids are and they all seemed to enjoy their meals. Thomas and Noah had the kid's pizza and wedges, surely they could make an adult version for Max? The bread service is fab too, I really hope you make it for a meal. I don't think it's too badly priced OOP either.

I think the list seems great and it's fab your looking to try so many different ones. I'd give it a few days and see how your feeling, if your still feeling up in the air about a few maybe change them? I don't envy you having to plan a full 14 TS restaurants! Xx
I was pretty pleased that we had made it to 97 restaurants too

I think you're right getting helpful input after the ADR deadline isn't actually helpful at all. Poor Chris he can't win can he? I know I'd be cross if Dave had ideas as well as being cross if he doesn't have ideas.

Yep GG has bitten the bullet but in sure the food in LTT will be tasty and the toffee pudding sounds better than the strawberry shortcake type pudding at GG, just no characters though. Please say you'll go next time you have DDP.

Yep I was think of Sue (DisneyDaffodil) and her review when I added Coral Reef. I bet it will be good. Also, I'm sure you're right and Max could get and adult version of the pizza or nuggets from the child menu

I'm kind of now thinking maybe not to book all the credits up and leave some open. I'm feeling more laid back about it this year as I'm not planning for 6 so I'm less nervous about it all. I do need some time to take on board all the ideas from everyone.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Hi 👋🏻
Really enjoying reading along (not sure how I’ve missed it tbh?!) I’m currently on page 6 but will definitely be catching up with the rest. I also need to catch up with your last trip report. The more I read, the more it makes me think we should DIY next time. I’ve never felt brave enough before but you are showing that it really does mean you can tailor your hotel (and end up with a monster sized holiday if you can bag those cheap flights! )
we will be at cbr from 8th August (so I think we’ll overlap slightly? ) ... I’ll look out for you and give you a wave it’s a new resort to us so we’re super excited to see what it’s like, and also excited to try out the skyliner!
Welcome aboard

It really is easier than you might think to do DIY. Our first 3 trips to Florida were packages though, so it took me few goes before I realised how simple it was.

Please do say Hi if you spot us at CBR and I hope you end up loving it as much as we do.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hope you had a lovely festive period too Kelly. I have been a very bad Dibber recently and need to catch up on everyone's reports, I feel so guilty.
Don't be so hard on yourself

Boma is my favourite breakfast but if you're using a TS credit you may as well go for the more expensive option and have dinner. I am drooling just thinking about it!
Ok so both breakfast and dinner are good, but dinner for the DDP and breakfast for the OOP stay is that what you're recommending?

Originally Posted by sarahly View Post
I'm really enjoying reading your planning process even though most of it up to this point is not relevant to our trip as we're staying offsite! Holiday planning has always been one of my favourite things, it turns out I also love reading other people's holiday planning. I do like the idea of the lounges mind and I'm hoping to include at least Nomad Lounge in our itinerary.
Definitely try some of the lounges they are a great way to chill out in the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow! That is some serious planning I honestly almost had to take notes for my reply, so I could remember where you chose I am so old!

We did LTT last summer and really enjoyed it, the ooey gooey toffee cake was soooo good and I don’t even like cake!

We visited Boma for dinner but I convinced Adam we still needed to try the bread service at Sanaa, so we just ordered it at the bar and had it with cocktails- it was really really good. We did however have to order extra naan as we are greedy

House of Blues is one of our favourites- casual setting with plenty of choice. I might have to put the pulled pork burger on my list for our next visit.

Just putting it it out there, our favourite place in DS was the Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill and there is steak on the menu (for Max) for just 1 TS credit. It was the only meal that Adam said he would have paid OOP for on the dining plan. He loved the 10oz flat iron steak and also had a side of Tuscan roasted potatoes, my chicken was awesome and Cooper had a campfire s’mores sundae that was bigger than his head! It also had a brilliant atmosphere.

I look forward to seeing what your final choices are - I changed ours several times, even whilst we were there! Who doesn’t love a bit of planning excitement
Oh yes, I do love the planning

Good to hear that you loved LTT and Boma. I can't believe you managed to do the bread service at Sanaa as well as the cocktails. That's exactly what I want to do, but maybe not the same day that's awesome I'm really impressed Michelle, hats off to you guys! Can you remember what cocktail you had and was it any good?

Old 19 Jan 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Abby, I have to be completely honest, I am a lightweight I can’t drink a Disney cocktail without food, hence the bread service! I had a fancy fruity margarita and Adam had a rum based cocktail. Mine was delicious but super strong
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm kind of now thinking maybe not to book all the credits up and leave some open. I'm feeling more laid back about it this year as I'm not planning for 6 so I'm less nervous about it all. I do need some time to take on board all the ideas from everyone.
Excuse me!? In the words of my teens at work, u ok hun? 😂

Not booking up all ADRs, I've never heard such nonsense. I jest, I wish I could be that go with the flow.

Yes, def Boma dinner for DP part of stay and I would recommend breakfast for OOP but not sure if you can justify the cost for a family.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Wow Abby, what a fantastically detailed plan, I've really enjoyed your rationales for decisions/choices so far and love your 'rule' of eating in new (to you) TS restaurants. I really enjoy the process of reading menus and dining reviews to aid my decision making, and love this part of the planning- I think you have a really interesting mix. I would also agree with keeping Coral Reef, we ate there for first time last year and ended up going back again later in holiday. My daughter loved the aquarium and we were seated by it on both occasions. We also loved Bon voyage breakfast at Trattoria al forno, was great for food, service and characters. Also loved Boma, we ate at dinner and all really enjoyed. Our experience of Cape May breakfast was ok, but was our least fave buffet, we didn't think it was anything special and absolutely rammed with little space for photos, (did like Garden Grill, Crystal Palace and Tusker for breakfast more than CM). Similarly, I would probably not return to Chef Mickeys. Looking forward to your updates, Happy Planning Hx

Polynesian 2016
Beach Club and Royal Pacific 2019
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Abby, I have to be completely honest, I am a lightweight I can’t drink a Disney cocktail without food, hence the bread service! I had a fancy fruity margarita and Adam had a rum based cocktail. Mine was delicious but super strong
Ooh I do love a margarita. Hopefully it's still on the menu in the summer.

Excuse me!? In the words of my teens at work, u ok hun? 😂

Not booking up all ADRs, I've never heard such nonsense. I jest, I wish I could be that go with the flow.

Yes, def Boma dinner for DP part of stay and I would recommend breakfast for OOP but not sure if you can justify the cost for a family.
I don't know what came over me as soon as I said it I thought it sounded ridiculous. I suppose it's just that I'm not feeling as worried about everything this year as it's back to just the four of us and so I don't have this fear of not being able to fit it all in as we have such a long trip.

I'm going to take Whispering Canyon Cafe out of the plan as you're right Trails End is the same and I'm going to leave that slot open. For now anyway!

Originally Posted by Hel22 View Post
Wow Abby, what a fantastically detailed plan, I've really enjoyed your rationales for decisions/choices so far and love your 'rule' of eating in new (to you) TS restaurants. I really enjoy the process of reading menus and dining reviews to aid my decision making, and love this part of the planning- I think you have a really interesting mix. I would also agree with keeping Coral Reef, we ate there for first time last year and ended up going back again later in holiday. My daughter loved the aquarium and we were seated by it on both occasions. We also loved Bon voyage breakfast at Trattoria al forno, was great for food, service and characters. Also loved Boma, we ate at dinner and all really enjoyed. Our experience of Cape May breakfast was ok, but was our least fave buffet, we didn't think it was anything special and absolutely rammed with little space for photos, (did like Garden Grill, Crystal Palace and Tusker for breakfast more than CM). Similarly, I would probably not return to Chef Mickeys. Looking forward to your updates, Happy Planning Hx
It's nice to set out the thought processes sometimes. Hopefully it will help some people with their planning. I'm glad you enjoyed Coral Reef so much, going twice is high praise. A shame about Cape May Breakfast, I think we will go for the dinner which isn't a character meal and hopefully will be a better experience than yours.