Old 20 Jan 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An Ice Cream a Day is the Moreton Way! - Day 10 Golf, Manny's and Magic Kingdom

DAY 10 – MINI GOLF & MAGIC KINGDOM, Sunday 2nd JUNE 2019

Before you start to read about adventures today, I must make a small apology as my notes from this point have dried up considerably. So, the final few days will be done from memory and photos.

It was now Sunday 2nd June and we had two full days left in Orlando before we travel down to Anna Marie Island for our final two days. We had originally planned to visit Celebration this morning but as we visited there a couple of days ago, we decided to change the plan and head to Blizzard Beach, not for more water park fun but to play mini golf at Winter/Summerland Golf.

Our tickets allowed us to play for free before 4pm. We play here every trip and its definitely the best themed course we have played. We arrived and registered to play on the Summer course, we were told by a very stern but friendly cast member that we would be called when it was turn to play.

We waited no more than 5 minutes and we were away. As always it was good fun although Lucas as yet does not fully understand that it’s the ‘taking part that counts’ 😊. Afterwards we took the obligatory photos in the sleigh.

We returned to the Villa, as we were off to MK later and didn’t want to tire ourselves out as we planned to stay for the fireworks. We were definitely starting to feel the effects of 9 full on days in Orlando. We took the opportunity to begin our packing as we had another full day planned tomorrow and didn’t want to leave it all until the last minute. The boys watched TV, probably ‘impractical jokes’ as that seems to be their choice when we are in America.

We decided on Mannys Chophouse for tea. We went to the one on the 192, now we Mannys used to be our number 1 choice but the one on the 192 is no where near as nice as the original restaurant which is a bit more of a trek if you are staying in Orlando. It is still well worth a visit though. It was early afternoon when we arrived so very quiet inside, we selected a booth by the window.

The boys love the fact you can draw on the table cloths, I quite like it too 😊.

Our waiter was ok but was quite pushy and tried us to upgrade/upsize everything. Once he realised, we weren’t that interested in his 20oz steaks he left us alone. The food as ever was excellent, I do remember it being icy cold in their due to the air conditioning. My advice to everyone is always have something in the car that you can put on in case you experience the same problem.

From Mannys we went to MK for the final time this trip, it’s always a bitter sweet moment when you see the castle for the final time of the holiday but we were going to have a fun evening. We caught the ferry over which was very quiet, there were more people waiting to board the ferry to get back to the car park.

We had 3 fast passes booked but not until later on; they were for Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and POTC.
We had not met the main man this trip so we decided to visit him and Minnie. The boys are nearly past the stage of having photos taken with characters so I make sure we take all the chances we get.
From these photo’s there is still delight in their faces so won’t give up just yet 😊

We then had a couple of photo pass photos taken in front of the castle. It was good not to be in a mad rush to make it on rides, and we had some lovely shots taken.

We headed right to Tomorrowland, much to the boys dismay we went on the people mover again, Lee and I love it and it gives you a good idea of the crowds in the area. The queue for Buzz was too big so we managed to talk the boys in going on Carousel of Progress, Lee and I went on this a long time ago. We knew the boys would find it very cheesy but everyone should experience the CoP during their life 😊.
Next up was the newly refurbished Indy Speedway. It has been down for a paint job and due to the ongoing construction of the new Tron coaster which was looking awesome already.

It was now time for our FP’s which were basically back to back. Obviously, HM and POTC are the same at night as they are dark rides but BTM definitely felt different in the darkness. We wanted to watch the fireworks from somewhere else other than Main Street. We found a small seat on the bridge to the left of Cosmic Rays. It was a long 45-minute wait for them to start but we made it through and no children were harmed I promise 😊 😊. We soon realised that this was not a great place to view the fireworks or indeed the projection show onto the castle. The show was still great but next time we will stick to what we know.

We wanted to ride 7DMT in the dark so we hot footed around to the queue which was only 30 minutes long. I think most people head for the exit after the fireworks. It was definitely worth going on in the dark but I am glad we didn’t queue to long. We made our way down main street via the shops and said our goodbyes to MK once again. It will always be a magical place for us to go and spend time as a family.

Final day in Orlando tomorrow, Blizzard Beach and Hollywood Studios to finish off. Thanks for reading.

LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List