Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Nov 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Sounds like a great day overall... I smiled at the very last line!
It was a pretty successful day all in all. It didn't raise too many smiles in our room I can assure you

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great travel day, always a tiring day especially with little ones. My DD was saying the same as you on our way back, how bad she felt kneeing the poor man who fully reclined onto her lap and how awkward she felt hanging on his seat to get up as she had no foot space due to his constantly reclining seat 😂
It's awful isn't it. I have to say we were very lucky on both flights with the people sitting in front of us. Even a guy with an infant on his lap who Sally kept telling to recline his seat to give him more space refused to despite being cramped himself. I have been known to get myself told off by Sally previously when I've had the opposite in front of me though
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Well done on that journey👍 Great view from your room!
Thank you. We were chuffed with our room location.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Good idea to start the day with just a small breakfast

It sounds like your seat choices on the plane were great to give the little ones a chance to have a bit of space. Such a shame the flight attendant didn't let you use the seats behind, you're right it does seem petty.

A pain that it took such a long time to get through Tampa and out on the road.

Your room looks lovely though and the view looks fab, I can't wait to see some photos of the view in daytime.
I thought best to eat light

The seats worked out really well for us and I think we were just unlucky with the hold ups at Tampa. It hasn't put me off flying into there again one day.

I'm sure some daylight pictures will appear at some point during our first week.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Great day, we are at the Beach Club next year so looking forward to reading more.
Thank you. The Beach Club is a great choice. We couldn't fault it.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
It sounds like a good travel day overall with young children, I remember vowing never to fly again with an 18 month old! It's a shame there was such a queue at Tampa, we had a really good experience there.

Beach Club looks great!
Haha thankfully I'm very hopeful I will never have to fly with an 18 month old ever again! I remember reading what you said about arriving at Tampa. Think we just got unlucky!
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Great day
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day

Joan
Thank you. It's the day you look forward to so much and then look forward to it being over
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
You made it in one piece! Nothing like that first step onto Disney property then climbing into bed your first night 😁
It was nice to finally arrive and I Felt like we were arriving in a really decent quality international hotel which helps. It was lovely to just throw the car keys at someone at get looked after.
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Sally's my kinda gal

Fab service from Virgin sorting the cases for you. I always used to do the same with magazines etc too ... did it this time also ... think I read one story

I see where your coming from, it wouldn't have hurt to leave Emma on the seats until they were actually needed. I bet she didn't even sleep the 3 1/2 hours it took them to come back for rest breaks. Sounds like someone had a stick up their backside. Obviously they didn't I've just read the next few lines

2 hours ... immigration ... 2 toddlers ... no pushchair, oh my word I don't envy you at all!

Must say Sally has some awesome photography skills, almost as good as mine

Fab first day and the hotel looks beautiful, looking forward to the rest of the report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Sally's my kinda gal

Fab service from Virgin sorting the cases for you. I always used to do the same with magazines etc too ... did it this time also ... think I read one story

I see where your coming from, it wouldn't have hurt to leave Emma on the seats until they were actually needed. I bet she didn't even sleep the 3 1/2 hours it took them to come back for rest breaks. Sounds like someone had a stick up their backside. Obviously they didn't I've just read the next few lines

2 hours ... immigration ... 2 toddlers ... no pushchair, oh my word I don't envy you at all!

Must say Sally has some awesome photography skills, almost as good as mine

Fab first day and the hotel looks beautiful, looking forward to the rest of the report xx
Immigration wasn't a lot of fun but it was soon forgotten about. I'm just starting to realise how difficult it is to find time to do a trip report now I'm back home. This could take a while... haha
Old 20 Nov 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Good travel day overall but 2 hours immigration is awful. Beach club looks beautiful.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Immigration wasn't a lot of fun but it was soon forgotten about. I'm just starting to realise how difficult it is to find time to do a trip report now I'm back home. This could take a while... haha
That's it you forget about those bits so quickly don't you ... at the time it's like they're taking a lifetime haha.

Yeah it's hard isn't it! I managed to crack a few days out last week, but now I've got meetings with the school, housework and Uni to contend with it's probably going to be next weekend before I can do anymore! It's time consuming isn't it but I'm loving following yours so try and keep it up xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
That's it you forget about those bits so quickly don't you ... at the time it's like they're taking a lifetime haha.

Yeah it's hard isn't it! I managed to crack a few days out last week, but now I've got meetings with the school, housework and Uni to contend with it's probably going to be next weekend before I can do anymore! It's time consuming isn't it but I'm loving following yours so try and keep it up xx
It's a bit slow going at the moment. I'm determined to get there, somehow between work and two toddlers, though.