Notices

Old 2 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi everyone. We are sat at Coronado Springs having supposed to be flying home this evening. Due to MCO initially closing today our flight home was cancelled and we were rebooked for Wednesday. The irony is with MCO staying open the weather has been fine here all day in Orlando and we could have flown! Now with the worst of the weather now not predicted to arrive until Wednesday there is a high likelihood we will get cancelled again. I appreciate its nobodies fault as MCO were working on the storm arriving today hence why they decided to close. My thoughts are with those affected in the Bahamas and we just have to sit tight and wait for all this to blow through and then get home.
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rob & Jan View Post
We should be flying out tomorrow but have rebooked on the Virgin website for Thursday it's indirect via Atlanta.
I asked about indirect but nothing available, may have to book a later date or get a refund

Edited at 12:06 AM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JoC
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Troyston View Post
Hi everyone. We are sat at Coronado Springs having supposed to be flying home this evening. Due to MCO initially closing today our flight home was cancelled and we were rebooked for Wednesday. The irony is with MCO staying open the weather has been fine here all day in Orlando and we could have flown! Now with the worst of the weather now not predicted to arrive until Wednesday there is a high likelihood we will get cancelled again. I appreciate its nobodies fault as MCO were working on the storm arriving today hence why they decided to close. My thoughts are with those affected in the Bahamas and we just have to sit tight and wait for all this to blow through and then get home.

Hi Troyston

How horribly frustrating for you. It could so easily have happened to us as we were due to fly today but as we had been out there for several weeks, and were lucky in our timing of call, we were able to rebook to Fridays flight, shortening our holiday, otherwise I would have done the same as you given the advice from news etc. At the time . I hope you all stay safe and I am sure that Disney resorts are the best place to be in the circumstances. Hope you get back soon.

Thinking of everyone in the Bahamas and Florida at this very difficult time.
Old 3 Sep 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So sorry for those whos flights have been cancelled. I hope you can get something sorted ASAP.x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

With these flights to us to the USA cancelled it will surely have a knock on effect for people returning. Has anyone got any experience of how the airlines get people home if for example they have two plane loads on Thursday from say the cancelled Wednesday flight and the scheduled Thursday flight. Possibility of 600 passengers for a 300 passenger plane.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
With these flights to us to the USA cancelled it will surely have a knock on effect for people returning. Has anyone got any experience of how the airlines get people home if for example they have two plane loads on Thursday from say the cancelled Wednesday flight and the scheduled Thursday flight. Possibility of 600 passengers for a 300 passenger plane.
Might take a few days to get everyone back. Might also combine flights so you fly back to a different airport. We got stuck in the 2010 volcanic eruption which was over a few weeks, the airspace was open for a few days before we got back. They also combined the Gatwick and Manchester flights so we had to be coached up to Manchester. Virgin are great so I'm sure they'll get everyone sorted asap

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Well in our case we were supposed to be leaving 02/09 on a Lufthansa indirect flight from MCO to Heathrow via Frankfurt. We have been booked onto a United flight on Wednesday from MCO to Washington then onto Heathrow. I think airlines get you into what is available!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

our flights for 5pm on 3rd Sept have just been cancelled. currently holed up at beach club and thinking about going to MK in the morning before the storm gets here. Only flights that look available afterwards look to be indirect flights so haven't actually rebooked anything and will ring them in the morning
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Feel for all of you waiting to come home or get there 😢 main thing is you all stay safe
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at airport hotel last night prior to our TC flight from Manchester at 11.55.
We’ve had an email saying flight is cancelled for at least 24 hours.
Don’t know whether to go home or stay again tonight in the hope we’ll get away tomorrow.
Stay safe everyone still out there x x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List