Notices

Old 7 Feb 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
😂 I love that you are already contemplating another trip next year!

A downside of summer trips for me is how late the evening shows are, it does make it difficult with younger ones. We tried watching Illuminations from La Hacienda in 2015 and both boys fell asleep at the table!
I have put it to the back of my mind... after realising how expensive divorces are

I don't think I have much chance of mine being awake late enough until at least week 3. If I'm wrong at least I can adapt the plans.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Just a minor update as I have tried to stay away so that I don't add things this time!

After seeing a few blogs where it has looked pretty good I have booked an ADR at Nine Dragons for an Epcot evening. I'm not sure if we will stick with it or not but wouldn't mind giving it a try. If Space 220 becomes available it could get swapped for that if available.

I had a quiet moment at work today and ended up booking BBB for Emma and the Knights package there for Benjamin. Emma mentioned BBB last night and still remembers it so I couldn't help myself. Benjamin was not old enough to do the Knights package there last time. I know it gets mixed reviews but we will give it a go.

In other news I finally got round to checking my travel insurance through work as I didn't think Chloe would be covered now that she is over 18. It turns out that she is covered up to 21 so at least I have saved a few quid there

Edited at 06:28 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Awww BBB and the knights package will be amazing. The picture of Emma is adorable. Good news about the travel insurance, always good to save a few pennies. In fact you've just reminded me I need to phone my insurance and add on my pre-existing conditions x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I have the knight package booked for my little boy aswell, not sure I'll bother with the full on costume but I've seen a knight T-shirt you can buy there that looks quite cool so may go for that. Still cheaper than the package my 2 girls are getting with no costume so I'll let him build a dino at T Rex aswell
I love that you're thinking of the next trip already, looks like there's some fab new stuff on the way for that year though. Our plan is probably to go back in about 5 years, looking forward to the new Nintendo land opening at Universal!
Old 8 Feb 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think BBB will be worth it for the lovely memories. It obviously made a big impact last time.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nine dragons is yummy! Try and keep it if you can we had a great meal there in September after doing our 5 park challenge and the food and service was brilliant! Doesn’t seem to get enough credit that restaurant.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Awww BBB and the knights package will be amazing. The picture of Emma is adorable. Good news about the travel insurance, always good to save a few pennies. In fact you've just reminded me I need to phone my insurance and add on my pre-existing conditions x
I have so many lovely pictures of Emma from her last visit to BBB so it will be nice to get some pictures of her and Benjamin together. It's always the minor things like insurance that I forget

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
I have the knight package booked for my little boy aswell, not sure I'll bother with the full on costume but I've seen a knight T-shirt you can buy there that looks quite cool so may go for that. Still cheaper than the package my 2 girls are getting with no costume so I'll let him build a dino at T Rex aswell
I love that you're thinking of the next trip already, looks like there's some fab new stuff on the way for that year though. Our plan is probably to go back in about 5 years, looking forward to the new Nintendo land opening at Universal!
I haven't actually decided which packages to get them yet. I think I will see how I'm feeling at the time I am forgetting all about the mad moment I was having the other day... maybe 2022... who knows

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I think BBB will be worth it for the lovely memories. It obviously made a big impact last time.
I think so too. I remember thinking last time that it was actually good value. I was surprised how much Emma told me about it the other night bearing in mind she wasn't even 4... and people say they are too young to remember. She has already said she wants a Cinderella dress this time

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Nine dragons is yummy! Try and keep it if you can we had a great meal there in September after doing our 5 park challenge and the food and service was brilliant! Doesn’t seem to get enough credit that restaurant.
I remember reading lots of pretty poor reviews about it when I was planning about 2 years ago but I have seen nothing but positive things about it recently. I think I will keep it unless we decide to go for Space 220 (depending on the menu and if we can get an ADR). If we have to ditch it I know there is a really good Chinese takeaway within walking distance of the Dibb villa we have which we really liked last time.
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

BBB is fantastic...mine were a lot older when they did it so only managed 1 visit..the knight package is well worth it to the kids just for the sword and shield...MY DS didn't want the sparkles in his hair but enjoyed the experience and middle DD decided to cost us twice over by become a 'knight princess' (she wanted a sword and shield lol)
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
BBB is fantastic...mine were a lot older when they did it so only managed 1 visit..the knight package is well worth it to the kids just for the sword and shield...MY DS didn't want the sparkles in his hair but enjoyed the experience and middle DD decided to cost us twice over by become a 'knight princess' (she wanted a sword and shield lol)
Emma will NOT b getting a shield and sword as well!
Old 16 Feb 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Emma will NOT b getting a shield and sword as well!
Ahhh you say that now, but when you see her face when she's there you won't be able to say no X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List