Notices

View Poll Results: Which area of the ship do you prefer?
Forward 4 4.88%
Mid-ship 38 46.34%
Aft 17 20.73%
Don't mind 23 28.05%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

What area of the ship do you book & why?

Just curious as we always choose the aft. I like being at the back as I just have to go up to Cabanas in the morning and not have to walk to the back of the ship when I'm half asleep We also prefer the starboard side too as we get a great view of Castaway Cay when docking.

What are your preferences and why?

Edited at 09:56 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I really don’t mind just as long as there are cabins above and below.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We are trying Aft for first time next year, I love watching the wake, and am hoping to do some dolphin spotting!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Honestly don't mind! Cant wait for next one!
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always mid ship and sandwiched between other cabin decks.

We like the central location and that you feel movement less in the middle on rough cruises.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Generally opt for mid-ship thinking of movement - but have been all over!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Generally we prefer mid ship due to cabin stability but we normally end up forward or aft as I get cheap and refuse to pay for a 'better' location lol. I do find more movement forward and when we've had a very aft cabin we had a lot of vibration. I can live with it though. We normally sail in insides so this isn't taking view into account.

Definitely most important to be in a deck sandwiched between other decks of cabins as said above! No thanks to being right above the theatre. I also find it to be helpful being the same end of the ship as the buffet and a couple of decks down as it's easy to pop up for a hot drink or snack and take it back to the cabin.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Usually aft past the aft elevators so it's quiet. Straight up to Cabanas. We don't have an issue with feeling more movement and prefer to spend less on the cabin. On the dream and wonder the secret verandah are our favourites. Having said that we are trying forward next year on the fantasy. Main consideration for us is what's above and below and how many people will walk past our cabin door.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Midship and close to an elevator.
Worst thing about walking down those long cabin corridors is having to ignore the devil on my shoulder urging me to move the door decorations onto a different cabin door to cause a bit of confusion and mayhem... I blame the cocktails (I've never done it but I bet it has been done !)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Midship and close to an elevator.
Worst thing about walking down those long cabin corridors is having to ignore the devil on my shoulder urging me to move the door decorations onto a different cabin door to cause a bit of confusion and mayhem... I blame the cocktails (I've never done it but I bet it has been done !)
My devil urges me to alter their breakfast room service hangers and watch on in the morning as 10 orders of everything turns up...
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List