Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Oct 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving this report
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I totally fancy a Chinese now, not for breakfast like as I wasn’t out drinking last night!
Chuys looks nice, it was on this years list but we still never made it. I like Breadbox but have never had the tater tots. That strawberry shortcake looks really good.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
We went to Chuys on IDrive last month, this will definitely be a place we visit every holiday now... fab meal. I had the strawberry mojito too, one word... Mmmmm!

Really enjoying your report
Thanks very much
Elaine swears by their mojito, she evens says its better than the one she gets at Bahama Breeze!
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Loving this report
Thank you very much
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I totally fancy a Chinese now, not for breakfast like as I wasn’t out drinking last night!
Chuys looks nice, it was on this years list but we still never made it. I like Breadbox but have never had the tater tots. That strawberry shortcake looks really good.
Chuys is fab so if you like Mexican food give it a go, likewise the Tots at Breadbox you won't be disappointed.
Now I am not a pudding person(give me a Sausage Roll any day!) but if you put the Strawberry Shortcake if front of me for the next month I would happily tuck in!
Just an update on the leg; X-Rays have revealed no break however the downside is that due to the severity of the injury looking at least another 6 weeks or so before I will be back to normal
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY SIX
STEAK N SHAKE
CARRABBAS

So today was a visit to the Outlets on Vineland and picked up a number of bargains but the wallet was distinctly lighter as a result. What was noticeable was that no matter what time we passed it, there was a massive queue just to get into the Disney shop there, even at 10 a.m.
As we were in the vicinity we decided to head to Steak n Shake for lunch.
We love it here, it's cheap and cheerful, the burgers are always tasty and it never disappoints.
Elaine ordered a Strawberry and Banana Milkshake

And Chose a Jalapeno Crunch Double Steak-burger

I don't do Milkshakes so just had a Diet Coke and ordered a Royale Double Steak-burger which comes with bacon and a Fried Egg

And a side order of Onion Rings

All this and the bill came to less than $20. Just a tip for those that don't know; if you go between 2 and 5pm all drinks and Milkshakes are Half Price.
We had decided that tonight we were heading to Carrabbas which is our favourite Italian. Now first the bad news; they have taken our favourite dish off the menu which was the Pork Tenderloins wrapped in Prosciutto with a Fig and Port Sauce. BOOOO!

Speaking to our waiter he informed us that although it was still a big seller they had received loads of complaints because the Prosciutto was not evident enough so it was removed from the Menu!
Not to worry as there is plenty of other stuff on the menu.
Elaine chose an Italian Salad to start

And Chicken Marsala with Garlic Mashed Potatoes for Mains

While I went for my traditional Caesar Salad

Followed by a 9oz Sirloin Steak with a Spicy Sicilian Butter and Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Now it doesn't look much by American standards but the meals are filling and more importantly the food was cooked to perfection. Elaine has now found a meal to replace the Pork while my Steak was cooked the way I like it and melted in the mouth. As usual the Mashed Potato for both was smooth and creamy and the perfect accompaniment.

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Geordie Al is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Can’t beat steak and shake and your evening meal looked lovely.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Can’t beat steak and shake and your evening meal looked lovely.
Hope you are having a great time. be safe in that tropical storm.
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Hope you are having a great time. be safe in that tropical storm.
We are thanks. Rained very heavily Saturday morning but been lovely weather today.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

DAY SEVEN
HOT DOG HALL OF FAME
MARGARITAVILLE

An early start today as we headed to Islands and arrived in plenty of time for Rope Drop and hopefully get to ride Hagrids. Needless to say preparations can go out of the window as the ride was down the whole time we were in the park but got to ride everything else without any real queuing time so left the Park and headed to Hot Dog Hall of Fame.
Elaine had the Italian Sausage Platter

Now my favourite here is the Kansas City Dog which comes with Pulled Pork but fancied something different so went for the Foot Long Platter with Cole Slaw

As always tasty dogs which filled a gap. Probably the one reason this place is always quiet is due to the fact that it is out in the open with no A/C. It doesn't put us off but can see why many would not come here during the day.

As we had already paid for parking we had decided to come back to Citywalk that night (the free parking after 6 was not on due to HHN) to take in a movie and head to Margaritaville for our first ever visit.
We decided to get the tickets first and I was so focused on getting them, I walked straight past a couple in black t-shirts. Elaine said 'I'm sure that was Tim and Jen' so I turned around and YES IT WAS!
Now I have to admit we are quite big fans of the Trackers as their vlogs introduce you to new things and also keep those Florida Blues away. We stopped and had a chat with them and they are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet and surprisingly taller than you would imagine. There is nothing false about them and they are so down to earth and humble about what they do.
They even agreed to have their photo taken with Yours Truly

So we let the Trackers head home, got our tickets and headed for Margaritaville

As we were taking in a movie Elaine did not want any alcohol so ordered a Virgin Banana Daiquiri

And for Mains she went for the Blackened Salmon which comes on a Bed of Rice and Beans with Pineapple Avocado Salsa

While I decided to go for The Crab Cake Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries

While my Crab Cake was really nice the Sweet Potato Fries were okay and certainly have had better elsewhere (Cheesecake Factory does the best ones IMHO)
Now while Elaine really enjoyed her Daiquiri she was very underwhelmed by the Salmon. To be honest for $25 the piece of Salmon and accompanying Salsa was ridiculously small and totally overwhelmed by the Mountain of Beans and Rice that came with it. The other disappointment was the service. We have heard rave reviews about the service in here but not tonight for us. In fact we seen our server three times; to take the order, to bring the drinks and to bring the cheque, that was it. Someone else 'bowled' our food at us. We will try it again and hopefully have a better experience next time.
Finally a small word about the Movie Theatre since it has been taken over by Cinemark. The seats are ridiculously comfy and are full recliners however they like the A/C on full blast. Now I don't feel the cold but it's warmer in the Penguins at Seaworld! I can only think they keep it take chilly to stop you falling asleep. So if you take in a movie go prepared and certainly not in just a t-shirt and shorts!