Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

The whole Debit card/cash refund process with the CAA is appalling

The whole refund process with the CAA is appalling.

Before an Internet pile on starts, just remember that this is what the CAA are there for and get paid handsomely for. They are not doing you and I a favour.

I paid with my Amex gold charge card. There wasn't even an option for this on the drop down box on the first page.

I got in in the first hour on the 14th. After 5 attempts. They hadn't even thought to stress test their system, before anyone says that there were thousands of people, huge ticket agencies with far less resource manage every day a large concert acts starts selling tickets.

I messaged on Twitter, the CAA replied with "sorry I don't know what a charge card is.." to be fair she did ask and not ignore me.

For weeks the CAA said that ALL direct debit payments will be refunded by Saturday 12th and they are still refunding people - a quick look on Twitter will show seemingly lots of unhappy people confused and needing clear communication.

Here's a doozy from the weekend, myself and others noticed they had changed the original claim form, I asked them why and if we have to apply again. I got an answer - and it's there on Twitter "we haven't made any changes to our forms" - when i sent them a screenshot of what another CAA employee or subcontractor had posted, I go a DM admitting that the form had indeed changed.

No one thought to create a webpage, that gave you an update on your claim, all you got was a reference number, no email or anything.

All this did was drive more anxious customers to them.

Now if you paid with a debit card, the stock answer is "we aim to pay you back in around 60 days" the magic word being around..

Logic dictates that if they are behind with DD's - they are going to be behind with debit cards.

We were due to fly with TC on the 1st, luckily we are still able to go, will I see my money in 60 days...

No chance. Zero. Zip. Nada.

(sorry, had to let rip somewhere!)
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List