Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile Booking a Disney Cruise

Planning a return to DCL after a break of more than 15 years... I know, madness!
Who would you recommend booking with?
Need return flights from MAN, planning a few days at US on site before the cruise - thinking Uber to MCO to pick up DCL bus but open to ideas. Post cruise I’ve booked a few days in a Poly studio with my DVC points
This is for March/April 2019.
Any tips and suggestions welcome.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
cityblueboy
VIP Dibber

cityblueboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We flew man-lhr-miami on ba recently. Not the most modern 747’s but room was the same and service/food were good. We got the last flight into Miami so we were straight into US time as we didn’t get to bed till about 1130pm. We got the flight back just after midnight and had the best sleep I’ve ever had in economy. All this saved us £1600 for the 4 of us over flying into mco. We hired a car for one day for the simple drive up to PC.
cityblueboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Depending on the cruise, Virgin Cruises worked well for me last year with a 4 night DCL after 7 at Disney. It worked out cheaper than buying separately and I got free dining. All I would say is they were useless at knowing much about DCL including at one point telling me I didn't have transfers when I did.
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
With the exchange rate so volatile, I would personally book direct in £££ at disneycruise

Book your flights etc separately as you have your accom with DVC points. I would personally not recommend using a UK travel agent unless you are an experienced cruiser with DCL as, like Sarah says, you'll miss vital info because they know zero!

My top tip would be to go for the longest cruise possible!

Check the Uber and Lyft price from resort to Port Canaveral as an Uber from resort to MCO then DCL transport will work out really expensive (it's $39 each person each way just for the DCL transport).

Look at 2 x one-way car rentals if you don't mind driving. Discount Florida Car Hire is an advertiser on the Dibb and very good.

Joa
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry for the late reply - crazy week.
Thank you for all the advice, I’d forgotten there was a charge for DCL transport.
Our group appears to be growing so apart from the Poly nothing booked yet.
Thinking 2 cabins may be better than having 4 adults (parents and grown up kids )!in one cabin. Any views/ experience?
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

We always book two staterooms - one verandah and one inside stateroom opposite. The cost really isn’t much different to four in one room but you have the advantage of having two bathrooms, toilets etc. The extra space makes a huge difference.

Edited at 06:21 AM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List