Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 15 Dec 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Your best salmon fillet recipe please

I have been lucky enough to be given a dozen salmon fillets, havn't a clue how to cook them. Ideas would be would be good please.
Old 15 Dec 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I had a taste of salmon in Costco the other day. She had just put salt and pepper on both sides and then cooked it in a flat bed sandwich press. It made the skin crispy and was lovely! She said when she does it at home she puts it in a pan and puts a baking tray on top and weights it down to create the same method
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
I had a taste of salmon in Costco the other day. She had just put salt and pepper on both sides and then cooked it in a flat bed sandwich press. It made the skin crispy and was lovely! She said when she does it at home she puts it in a pan and puts a baking tray on top and weights it down to create the same method
Thanks, will try it in our panini press.
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We like Asian salmon
In a bowl mix honey low sadium soy sauce rice vinegar a couple of dashes of your favorite hot sauce sesame oil finely chopped spring onion and sesame seeds
Heat oven to 180
Line a baking tin with foil enoughtnto make a parcel
Place salmon fillets skin side down
Spoon mixture over seal up and bake depending on your oven 15 to 20 mins max
I serve with ultra thin rice noodles coated with seasame oil Spring onions and slithered almonds
All in all made and sereved in 25 mins
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Spread some pesto on top and wrap in foil and bake in oven, simple but lovely
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Thankyou both, lovely recipes to try.
Old 16 Dec 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We eat a lot of salmon,I like it simple and just done in the oven in foil with black pepper and served with sweet chilli and lime rice and broccoli.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love Salmon with a Tarragon cream sauce - brown the salmon fillets flesh side down (not skin side) place them flesh side up in a dish, season with salt, pepper, add some finely chopped shallots, and fresh cut tarragon, then pour a tub of whipping cream over, and bake for 15 mins at 180c. This is delicious served with new potatoes and green beans.

The other way I cook them is sprinkled with garlic powder, chilli flakes, drizzle with honey, then soy sauce, and cook in oven. I serve with Uncle Bens Chinese style rice and broccoli.

OR go POSH and wrap them in ready rolled pastry, with some hollandaise sauce and dill. Salmon en croutes.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have salmon on average once a week:

Simply roasted in roasting foil in oven with salt and pepper. Served with potato/chips, veg (and if potato you could add hollandaise sauce if you want.

Soup: thinly sliced firm potatoes, carrots (also thinly sliced), sliced onions in fish stock broth with a pinch of saffron. Add salmon cubes last.

Put in a dish, pour a creamy sauce over (eg lemon, dill, cheese, mushroom - I buy ready made sauces) bake in oven. Serve with potatoes or mash

Marinate in Teriyaki sauce, pan fry and serve with noodles/stir fry veg.

Cook it (steam/oven bake). Serve it cold with a salad and ceasar dressing.

Use in a risotto with asparagus

Cook mushroom and cream until it reduces (very thick sauce - might want to use cornflour to help). Put salmon on a piece of puff pastry, top with mushroom “stew”, wrap and in oven. Serve with salad.

As above but use wilted spinach instead of the mushroom sauce

Steam cook it, serve with creamed spinach and potatoes
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Put lemon juice and dill on it, wrap in foil and cook in the oven. If you're not too sure about dill then just lemon juice

Edited at 05:03 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List