Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We saw the kids and grandkids Christmas Eve, so yesterday was very chilled, stayed in pjs all day, listened to the radio with drinks and bits and bobs (croissants then fishy starters) through till 6:30pm, main meal was fine, I just always have the problem that I really look forward to it but when it’s cooked I just don’t fancy it anymore... irritates the hell out of DH, then TV (and pudding) till bedtime...
I do have that Boxing Day feeling...ready for taking the decorations down...
We decided as a family a few years back that Christmas Day we wouldn’t do cooking for the masses or visiting, so our kids can have the day in their pjs... kids don’t like to leave their new toys to go sit in someone else’s house on the big day... it works for us, gives everyone the day they would like, if any of them wanted to come to us they’d be very welcome... we have the big family party (and buffet ..Turkey, gammon etc) on New Year’s Eve... there’ll be 18 of us this year...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm still in my pj's and have got the wood burner crackling away. I really wanted to light it Christmas day but as DH pointed out with eight of us in the living room last night it would have been too hot. He was right, so I can enjoy it today and relax. We will enjoy our presents more now we've got time today to sort the new fitbit etc. There is never time on Christmas day, and it goes over so quickly.
There is still six of us for brunch , I said I'd get it ready for around midday.
I did originally plan to make a lasagne for later but as we have so many left overs I think it'll be a more cobbled together affair. I can do jacket potatoes to go with the ham and other left overs.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kirmat
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Oh that sounds rotten. I hope you feel better soon and that you haven't shared the bug as well as the love with all your family.

Congratulations on your new grandson. Am sure your daughter and her wife really appreciated all the effort you went to.

Thank you so much. Everyone is ok so far. May have been the xmas eve Chinese. Who knows. Enjoy the rest of your Christmas. X
kirmat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

15 of us yesterday one teenager and 3 other GdKs dinner was lovely
Kids all great but 3 of them just came about 20 mins before dinner was served then back home about 20 mins after we'd cleaned up
Gds age 2 who lives with us and his dad were both in bed last night by 8 DH and I then just chilled
Today just DH and I our son and Gds are spending the day with friends
To be hon just getting to Christmas Day with all of us 'this year was the highlight
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I had a lovely day with DH's extended family and the in-laws, although I felt poorly for the second half of the day with tummy pains, we've had a rough few weeks so it was nice to forget everything for the day.
Now waiting for sister in law, brother in law and their 2 baby girls (18 months and 4 months) to come to open presents and spend time together. It's been a really nice few days and a good break from work/opportunity to spend time with people.

I really enjoy Christmas, the build-up and the day itself, and I'm always sorry to see it end, but I do enjoy the year of build up too. (DH thinks I'm a little odd because I also enjoy the build-up to holidays too, and get excited as soon as we have something planned, whereas he won't feel excited until he's finished work and is ready to go to the airport lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

YUP ME
Old 26 Dec 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Feel much better today, warmed up food and will be taking my ham and bits to my sisters for family buffet! I think I was exhausted yesterday!
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes !
Cooked Christmas dinner for 11 , did a brunch for son and family today ...plus other family members
DH and I have the lurgy yesterday i managed a piece of toast ( or was it the day before ? ) had half a slice today .House looks like a bomb has hit it have no energy and we fly to Tampa Tuesday...
I may or may not pack a case
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List