Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Breakfast when paying for meal plan

Looking to book for next May for myself, DH and DD who will be 20 (sure we can manage to share a room for 4 nights... can't afford to pay for two rooms ! )

If we pay for the full board meal plan with the current offer of buy 2 nights get 2 nights free will we get the buffet breakfast included as opposed to waiting and getting the 20% off and free half board when I think we will just get the counter service breakfast ?

Can't price up this May so have priced up July 2017 and compared it with July 2018

July 2017 4 nights with free half board and pay to upgrade to full board £1799

July 2018 4 nights buy 2 get 2 free paying for full board £1809

This is with Thomas Cook as we have some vouchers we can use to pay for part of the holiday

I know it will be a lot of food but it is only £180 for the three of us to upgrade to full board for four nights. Considering what you have to pay at counter service restaurants that doesn't seem to bad too me
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes you'll get the hotel buffet breakfast if you pay for a dining plan. Which hotel is that for? The upgrade to full board price is exceptional if it's a plus or premium plan. If it's standard, you'll be having to eat at a buffet twice a day. But saying that, the plus side to buffets are that you can eat as much or as little as you please!
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
Looking to book for next May for myself, DH and DD who will be 20 (sure we can manage to share a room for 4 nights... can't afford to pay for two rooms ! )

If we pay for the full board meal plan with the current offer of buy 2 nights get 2 nights free will we get the buffet breakfast included as opposed to waiting and getting the 20% off and free half board when I think we will just get the counter service breakfast ?

Can't price up this May so have priced up July 2017 and compared it with July 2018

July 2017 4 nights with free half board and pay to upgrade to full board £1799

July 2018 4 nights buy 2 get 2 free paying for full board £1809

This is with Thomas Cook as we have some vouchers we can use to pay for part of the holiday

I know it will be a lot of food but it is only £180 for the three of us to upgrade to full board for four nights. Considering what you have to pay at counter service restaurants that doesn't seem to bad too me
if your July 2107 price is only 20% off and free half board - that will be bettered. This year if you booked in February for July you would have got 35% off and free half board. The same deal was available for May dates.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
It's for the Hotel New York

Decisions Decisions

To book now or wait.

Sure we had 36% off when we booked for the Sequoia on our trip last year.

But then we would not get the buffet breakfast. We are not huge breakfast eaters but we are early risers especially when in Disney and don't fancy having to trek over to the park before we can eat
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So it is the plus plan! That is a good upgrade price for 3 of you. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
So it is the plus plan! That is a good upgrade price for 3 of you. X
That's what I thought too. Makes it very tempting

May 2018 4 nights Hotel New York. 3 adults with full board meal plan and including buffet breakfast £1593

Seems a good price to me

Would just have to wait for DD to contact her Uni lecturer to ask what date she finishes in May. This year it was the 8th as she has no exams as her course it module based. So we are thinking of going on the 20th. The week before half term.
Old 17 Jun 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Can someone help me with pricing

Basic cost of quote for room for next year is £911 plus £25 tax

Upgrade to half board £480
Upgrade to full board including breakfast £660

If we waited until the offer was 35% off and free half board (with counter service breakfast) can anyone work out how much they think it will be

If we had free half board is it likely to cost more than £180 to upgrade to full board though we would only get counter service breakfast. Not a deal breaker if we saved enough money

Hope that makes sense

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Copied from another post

Originally Posted by sam123 View Post
We booked with the free dining offer, so have the plus vouchers for dinner already included and meals booked to use them up. Upgrading to full board seems to be showing as just £54 per night for lunch for three adults and a child, it seems very cheap, does that sound about right or am confused with how they work.
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Yes, upgrading cost us £15 per person per day. Which is not much more than a CS meal deal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List