Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=marypoppins38;12784683]All through this thread my mind has kept thinking about Alan Turing. People are aghast as to what that poor man endured yet still, in this day and age, there is ignorance and discrimination. Astounding really.[/QUOTE
Isn't it! So many have so much to say about how others live!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for your posts (well most of them!). In relation to my original post, I can now see that it may have been deleted to prevent nasty comments rather than as a deliberate homophobic reaction, who knows for sure. I am so proud of my daughter for being confident and happy in her own skin and really hope she doesn't find her sexuality to cause her issues in the future. Her school is amazing, so tolerant and open and hopefully most secondary schools are like this. She didn't have any gay friends or family members so certainly didn't 'catch it!'! Her role models so to speak possibly are in Orange is the new black! This thread shows that many people really don't care about who loves who and hopefully are influencing others to be tolerant and kind human beings.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
Thank you for your posts (well most of them!). In relation to my original post, I can now see that it may have been deleted to prevent nasty comments rather than as a deliberate homophobic reaction, who knows for sure. I am so proud of my daughter for being confident and happy in her own skin and really hope she doesn't find her sexuality to cause her issues in the future. Her school is amazing, so tolerant and open and hopefully most secondary schools are like this. She didn't have any gay friends or family members so certainly didn't 'catch it!'! Her role models so to speak possibly are in Orange is the new black! This thread shows that many people really don't care about who loves who and hopefully are influencing others to be tolerant and kind human beings.
I always think of the song Vincent about the world being too ugly for one as beautiful as you - but in reverse...

the world is not nice enough (yet) to whittle out all the unnecessary hate - its improving... but too slow for my liking.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
the world is not nice enough (yet) to whittle out all the unnecessary hate - its improving... but too slow for my liking.
That. Sad my joke got deleted 😥
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pho3nix
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow! This thread really shocked me, in both positive and negative ways.

As a gay female, I really do pity people who 'judge' followed by saying 'im not judging or who offend with a statement which starts 'no offence'. You have no right to judge my life choices for my sexuality as little as you have the right to judge how I cut my hair or the clothes I wear or the colour of my skin just as I have no right to judge you for your choices. Why should you even care?

I have been on the receiving end of some vile behaviour and in particular in the workplace - I'm certainly not forcing my lifestyle on anyone, don't wave a rainbow flag and am a very girlie girl but I will discuss my life including my GF with the people I see as friends and if this offends you don't listen! I'm not going to lie, this was the first negative experience I had and it was an older lady to put it politely, and it really did upset me but certainly made me stronger. I hope for a world where 'if yiu have nothing nice to say dont say anything' isn't needed but unfortunately in the world we live in that's not the case. I love the posts on here about schools teaching acceptance and equality - it shouldn't be needed, it should just 'be' that everyone is treated exactly the same but it's not so at least children brought up in prejudiced homes get some level of acceptance and to see that it's ok to be different, whether skin colour, sexuality, religion, choice of music or whatever it may be. Individuality and confidence should be celebrated!

I'm not into pride matches or pda but I do see their place, just like religious festivals, racism rallies etc etc- it's a safe place for people to let loose and have fun with like minded people 😀 not everyone at a pride parade is gay some just enjoy the atmosphere and spending time with their friends!

Just realised how long my post is - sorry about this! After reading this thread I guess I just wanted to say thank you Dibb for being an accepting and lovely place that allows conversation such as this and OP, wishing you daughter all the best for her future 😀

Live and let live 💖

Xx
pho3nix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
I'm pretty sure Moana is aimed at 47 year old men, i loved it! lol
case in point bof...

Ive been standing here looking at the water... #

and I have 3 years on you...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pho3nix View Post
Wow! This thread really shocked me, in both positive and negative ways.

As a gay female, I really do pity people who 'judge' followed by saying 'im not judging or who offend with a statement which starts 'no offence'. You have no right to judge my life choices for my sexuality as little as you have the right to judge how I cut my hair or the clothes I wear or the colour of my skin just as I have no right to judge you for your choices. Why should you even care?

I have been on the receiving end of some vile behaviour and in particular in the workplace - I'm certainly not forcing my lifestyle on anyone, don't wave a rainbow flag and am a very girlie girl but I will discuss my life including my GF with the people I see as friends and if this offends you don't listen! I'm not going to lie, this was the first negative experience I had and it was an older lady to put it politely, and it really did upset me but certainly made me stronger. I hope for a world where 'if yiu have nothing nice to say dont say anything' isn't needed but unfortunately in the world we live in that's not the case. I love the posts on here about schools teaching acceptance and equality - it shouldn't be needed, it should just 'be' that everyone is treated exactly the same but it's not so at least children brought up in prejudiced homes get some level of acceptance and to see that it's ok to be different, whether skin colour, sexuality, religion, choice of music or whatever it may be. Individuality and confidence should be celebrated!

I'm not into pride matches or pda but I do see their place, just like religious festivals, racism rallies etc etc- it's a safe place for people to let loose and have fun with like minded people 😀 not everyone at a pride parade is gay some just enjoy the atmosphere and spending time with their friends!

Just realised how long my post is - sorry about this! After reading this thread I guess I just wanted to say thank you Dibb for being an accepting and lovely place that allows conversation such as this and OP, wishing you daughter all the best for her future 😀

Live and let live 💖

Xx
This has been a good thread , it shows how far we have come...And how far we have still to go.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Well OP you certainly made for an interesting thread. I,too, wish your daughter well and hope her dreams in life are fulfilled and that she finds that special someone to share her life with. She has a supporting mother and that counts for everything.

I can only endorse Stupet11's comments above.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Well I can't believe I've read all 11 pages and I'm still not convinced.

Nothing's going to change my views I'm afraid

I don't care if your male, female, other, gay, straight married to your donkey if your warring crocs I'm still not talking to you

Shocking in this day and age I know but I just can't have my kids growing up thinking warring them is normal:angry:
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Lafou is gay? No hrs a bumbling idiot & that's all that matters

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List