Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Feb 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dcems
VIP Dibber

dcems's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Access disability pass...will we still need to get fast passes?

Hi
Just wondering if we would still need to book fast pass for some rides if we have the access pass for Disney and universal? Both myself and DD are registered disabled so wasnt going to bother. Neither of us like big rollarcoasters so the main rides we want are flight of passage and the harry potter rides. My feeling is not to worry about fastpass but as its been 7 years! since our last florida trip i figure a lot has changed.
Thanks

DLP : Santa Fe 2000, Explorers 2004, Sequoia Lodge 2013 Explorers 2015 Hotel New York 2016

WDW: Solana Resort 2012
Lowes Sapphire Falls August 2019
Lowes Pacific Royal Resort Club Level August 2020] Cancelled !
Hard Rock Hotel September 2021
dcems is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie76
Proud to wear my Ears

You’ll find things so much easier if you do book Disney fast passes ahead of time. With the disability pass, if you use it to get a return time for flights of passage and is for 2 hours time, you won’t be able to use it to get a time for any other rides until your 2 hours are up.

There’s a great overview of the pass here wdpromedia.disney.go/med...2015-04-30.pdf

It will give you the overview of the criteria Disney use to issue them.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Rachie76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

We did both, as we went at a very busy time of year, so just using the accessibility pass on its own would have led to lots of waiting around, as you still wait, just not in the queue.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Yeah you do.

We book FP+ x3 and on arrival at the park obtain a DAS return for another ride. Once we’ve used all three FP+ we’ll book our next, ride the DAS ride and then obtain another DAS time and so on.

At Disney the DAS is a wait that is usually the length of the current queue time but you don’t queue in the queue (make sense?). You can only have one live DAS attached to you so effectively until you’ve waited and ridden that ride you can’t do anything else unless you’re going to queue or wonder around for the 10< min queues.

FP+ is a free system so nothing to be gained by not using it, everyone else is!

At Universal we’ve never used one as we had FOLP with the hotel.

Edited at 04:37 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

you can use both fastpass and das at disney so you might as well use your fastpass allocation and try and book some of the rides/shows you want to do most.

With the Das you get given a return time based on the current wait so if the stand by line is 90 mins then that is how long you would still have to wait till you can ride it. Das just means you do not need to physically queue and are free to go off and do other things will waiting for your return time-you then join the fastpass line
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve been advised to use both. I will book FPs and utilise the DAS for the times and days I need to. Not every ride has huge queues. I’d feel uncomfortable using it as an alternative to FPs
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The DAS is not the same as the fastpasses. You don’t fastpass the wait at the ride. With the DAS, you still have the wait the posted wait time. However you don’t have to stand in the queue line; instead you can wander around doing other things until the wait time elapses.

So it you want to reduce your wait time, you’ll still want to use the fastpass system. And it’s free so you might as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dcems View Post
Hi
Just wondering if we would still need to book fast pass for some rides if we have the access pass for Disney and universal? Both myself and DD are registered disabled so wasnt going to bother. Neither of us like big rollarcoasters so the main rides we want are flight of passage and the harry potter rides. My feeling is not to worry about fastpass but as its been 7 years! since our last florida trip i figure a lot has changed.
Thanks
It also depends on what your disability is. If it’s mobility ie you use a scooter or wheelchair that’s technically not what a DAS pass is for
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Use both . Plan the rides you really want to do with FP and use DAS inbetween . So how we did it. Booked 3 FP's and on arrival at the park went to one of the rides we did not have FP and got a DAS return time which is generally posted wait time -10 minutes. Then we used the FP we had, returning for the DAS , then getting a DAS for the next attraction before doing the FP.
Note the DAS gets added to your list of FP's and can be used anytime during the day after the window opens, unlike a normal FP which has a 1 hour window.
So if you are in a park and intend to leave and come back on the evening get a DAS for something you want to do later before you leave.
Rides like FOP , SDD and SDM are difficult to get FP for and so DAS can be really useful.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Use both . Plan the rides you really want to do with FP and use DAS inbetween . So how we did it. Booked 3 FP's and on arrival at the park went to one of the rides we did not have FP and got a DAS return time which is generally posted wait time -10 minutes. Then we used the FP we had, returning for the DAS , then getting a DAS for the next attraction before doing the FP.
Note the DAS gets added to your list of FP's and can be used anytime during the day after the window opens, unlike a normal FP which has a 1 hour window.
So if you are in a park and intend to leave and come back on the evening get a DAS for something you want to do later before you leave.
Rides like FOP , SDD and SDM are difficult to get FP for and so DAS can be really useful.
This is really good advice and is exactly what I plan to do
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List