Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Jan 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Why do you keep going back if Disney continuously fails to deliver for you.?
the funny thing is that ... I don't ... and all the recent developments give me reasons not to go back. I'm a universal convert and have been for years. Only do a MNSSHP on each trip, period
I even have a 1 day hopper complimentary ticket sitting on my MDX, didn't even use it to go see Toy Story Land last august, even though we spent 1 month in orlando, and also didn't visit in august '18 (visited pandora on yet another complimentary ticket)

yup, the couple of last times we did disney cost us close to nothing , and that was all the money I was willing to put on the table
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, you mean, at a time where buses ran like normal between hotels and epcot, right ?

4 hotels, 2 buses every hour (if reduced to 1 per hour) in terms of guests ... that would have made quite an increase in guests at IG, don't you think ?
No, not at all...hardly a dent.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
the funny thing is that ... I don't ... and all the recent developments give me reasons not to go back. I'm a universal convert and have been for years. Only do a MNSSHP on each trip, period
I even have a 1 day hopper complimentary ticket sitting on my MDX, didn't even use it to go see Toy Story Land last august, even though we spent 1 month in orlando, and also didn't visit in august '18 (visited pandora on yet another complimentary ticket)

yup, the couple of last times we did disney cost us close to nothing , and that was all the money I was willing to put on the table
If you don't go to Disney other than to MNSSHP and aren't thinking of going back again, then why is this an issue for you? This is only going to affect those who stay at one of the 4 Disney resorts listed. If you're not planning on staying there then it makes no difference to you?

I get that you might be interested just for curiosity's sake (like me) and perhaps wondering how it will all work out. And that's fine. But even though I'm going to be spending at least 9 days at Disney this summer and will be visiting both Epcot and HS, it isn't an issue for me. If IG ends up being a little busier (and let's face, the vast majority of on-site guests and all off-site guests will still be using the front entrance building site ) then it makes no difference to me.

Just wondering why my earlier comment "would change things in [your] opinion" and why the fact that the Skyliner goes to the International Gateway is your "biggest "rant"" ?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

too bad we don't care about frozen. Riding it once was like riding its precedessor, maelstrom ... left a meh taste, and that's one less thing we have to worry about on the tier list (again that's just us)

well, you mean, at a time where buses ran like normal between hotels and epcot, right ?

4 hotels, 2 buses every hour (if reduced to 1 per hour) in terms of guests ... that would have made quite an increase in guests at IG, don't you think ?

we're talking busier if the buses did not run, and skyliner was the only way, which you didn't experience.

we stayed at Beach Club, not because we chose it, but because disney upgraded us after a huge mishap at POR
the pool was gorgeous, but the hotel itself ... unimpressed (and we were Club Level if that changes anything)
we much preferred polynesian (club level too, and also on the mouse due to disney failing to deliver on a very consistent basis ... )

glad you seem to have had a smashing vacations

Ok so you like to go to Soarin' first I presume, as that is tier 1 and then FP Testrack (only sensible thing to do unless you don't like those either?). Well if you measure it on a map, I have out of interest, I am a little sad like that, the distance from where they hold you after the UK when entering international gateway, and Soarin' and front entrance and Soarin is actually negligable- it is almost exactly the same. Given that they often open IG earlier, and there will be less of a crowd tussle, I would be surprised if it takes any longer to get to Soarin from the IG holding point than the front entrance. And you are not selecting resorts based on this?
I doubt an extra bus from a couple of resorts every hour will make much difference to IG- I also went to Riv one morning and stood at the bus stop to go to DS and no one was there- about 5 people and we were there half an hour. I think people were already using Skyliner at CB and RIV.

Edited at 07:53 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
If you don't go to Disney other than to MNSSHP and aren't thinking of going back again, then why is this an issue for you?
simply because, it's my right (isn't it ? ) and I think I am still allowed (or maybe I'm not) to weigh the things, the pros and cons, of maybe going back one day.
We al make choices here, and decide if this or that will lead them to book here rather than there.
I have issues with this and it's shall not be questionned, just the same as your right to having a different opinion shall not be challenged.

Just wondering why my earlier comment "would change things in [your] opinion"
3 buses per hour instead of just one ... that changes my opinion . 1 per hour was "unacceptable" in my book, 3 is back to normal and suits me fine. I don't know why I seem to need to justify my opinion though

and why the fact that the Skyliner goes to the International Gateway is your "biggest "rant"" ?
I just don't think that entering through IG in the morning is the most efficient way [for me] and biggest "issue" I would have with being forced to use it, would be to have to walk needlessly halfway through the park for my first ride.
but here again, that's my opinion, feel free to disagree but don't question the reasons I have that opinion, or why I chose to speak it out on a forum
thank you
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
simply because, it's my right (isn't it ? ) and I think I am still allowed (or maybe I'm not) to weigh the things, the pros and cons, of maybe going back one day.
We al make choices here, and decide if this or that will lead them to book here rather than there.
I have issues with this and it's shall not be questionned, just the same as your right to having a different opinion shall not be challenged.

3 buses per hour instead of just one ... that changes my opinion . 1 per hour was "unacceptable" in my book, 3 is back to normal and suits me fine. I don't know why I seem to need to justify my opinion though

I just don't think that entering through IG in the morning is the most efficient way [for me] and biggest "issue" I would have with being forced to use it, would be to have to walk needlessly halfway through the park for my first ride.
but here again, that's my opinion, feel free to disagree but don't question the reasons I have that opinion, or why I chose to speak it out on a forum
thank you
Apologies. I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I have no issue with you having an opinion on the matter. I also have an opinion on it. I'm interested, purely because I'm a curious person. And I find it interesting to contemplate the various impacts this will have.

However, that wasn't the point I was making. I was asking why you were personally ranting about this? What impact does it have on you?

If Disney decided to paint all the rooms at the Contemporary bright orange then I might discuss the impact it could have on guest numbers staying there. But it would make no difference to me whatsoever. I'm not staying there this year and I'm not planning to stay there any time in the near future. So it makes no difference to me even though I might discuss it.

As you haven't visited WDW much in the last few years, aren't planning to stay at any of the resorts affected and aren't planning on visiting WDW at the moment, then it doesn't actually make any difference to you.

Of course you are free to express your opinions. I just wondered what difference this change makes to you personally. Like me, it seems this makes no difference to your plans?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As you haven't visited WDW much in the last few years, aren't planning to stay at any of the resorts affected and aren't planning on visiting WDW at the moment, then it doesn't actually make any difference to you.
while it's true that I *currently* don't have plans to return to wdw in the near future, it does not mean that I have totally ruled out the possibility that, one day, if I can justify it, I may return

and that's the reason why I closely look at all the changes disney implements, some for the best some for the worst.
I only see things from my own perspective, because I will not speak for others, so all I say is implicitely prefixed by "I think that, in my own humble opinion that's just worth what it's worth aka very little"

I have issues, because Disney makes it always more difficult for me (just me, me, me) to come back, even though I will admit that if I still visit for MNSSHP, it's because I haven't totally given up on disney's ... I wouldn't be on this forum if I had)

the pros and cons "I" saw (when buses were cut to 1 an hour) were yet another factor that were limiting me (for my own constraints and criteria) in my choices for accomodation

other factors are about dining plan, or parking ... yes, I've just learned that parking at hotels was not longer free for those with a disability parking permit. As such a permit holder, that's yet another perk that's taken away, and yet another nail in my disney stays coffin

I'm going to WDW since 1986, the first time I went with my kid was in 2012 at pop century, it was also our honeymoon hotel with DW. I had always wanted to return to that hotel (even though we were spoiled by moderates and deluxes) but then they refurbed the rooms and I don't like how they look. To each there own, I respect those who like them better

I could get over the room new decoration, but if you add all things up, like one third of buses, parking fees, change to dining, and all the things I could throw in, it's always a case of choosing by default, and always needing to compromise.

I would very much like to return to disney's one day. But recent decisions, even on things that might seem minute or futile to others, make it more difficult for me

so that's the reason why I express the fact that I'm not happy with them.
But, hey, I'm not the only disney guest, so if it does not work for me, so be it, I'll just wait for thing to go my way, and if they don't ... well, i've found new horizons

long story short, I have issues and express them because such seemingly futile things limit me in my decision making process for a possible, future trip.

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Well I finally heard back from Disney some two months later - she was very lovely and reassured me that buses will be 'on demand' and not strictly one per hour. So I guess i'll just have to wait and see!

Has anyone been to Pop or another Skyliner resort recently, been using the buses, and found everything to be running smoothly and timely with them?

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List