Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
I did read the original post, I was hoping for someone to perhaps have a bit more insider knowledge considering Disney dates for releasing things can be somewhat flexible. For example when we booked in 2018 to go in 2019 we were told that Galaxy's edge would open in the late fall of 2019.

So we booked for the summer knowing we couldn't go in October or November. Only to find Galaxy's edge opened in August and had we known that in April 2018 we would have booked for August/September 2019 instead.

I don't want a repeat of that situation for our plans for next year so having some more insight even if it's not official would be handy as we consider our plans for next year. While it be might very well be no dibber knows more about dates I'm fairly sure someone knows more and I hope if anyone gets a tip off we would hear on the dibb.
There might be Disney insiders posting on the dibb, but I am not aware of any. I would think they would be risking their job by releasing information that is not publically released too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do we know how many rooms the hotel actually has yet? It looks amazing but I suspect it may have a waitlist .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds like my idea of hell- stuck in close confines, no windows etc, I do not fancy this at all.
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I wonder what the occupancy rate will be? Probably full.
Not for me but I think for Star Wars fans it will be awesome.

I slam Disney for greed but this I can live with as it's so expensive it will only appeal to a very small minority but the big thing for me is it's so small and niche that no way will it impact on Joe Public and their Park enjoyment.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I wonder what the occupancy rate will be? Probably full.
Not for me but I think for Star Wars fans it will be awesome.

I slam Disney for greed but this I can live with as it's so expensive it will only appeal to a very small minority but the big thing for me is it's so small and niche that no way will it impact on Joe Public and their Park enjoyment.
Yes I can see it will be fantastic for the Star Wars big fans- a bit like Westworld come true, without the killer robots.
But as I say stuck in there for 2 days- not for me at all. I could imagine Mrs YTs face if I told her we would be stuck in there for 2 days I think we would be divorced.
The other problem with this a bit, is that the kids are not that into Star Wars- they like it, but the real fanatics are people who grew up with the original films- so I think even my kids would not be too keen- but I havent seen all the details as of yet.
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes I can see it will be fantastic for the Star Wars big fans- a bit like Westworld come true, without the killer robots.
But as I say stuck in there for 2 days- not for me at all. I could imagine Mrs YTs face if I told her we would be stuck in there for 2 days I think we would be divorced.
The other problem with this a bit, is that the kids are not that into Star Wars- they like it, but the real fanatics are people who grew up with the original films- so I think even my kids would not be too keen- but I havent seen all the details as of yet.
YT. The original Star Wars film that I saw on release has also coloured my opinion and to this day I think that trilogy was the best. Of course those who are younger probably don't subscribe to my view or maybe they do!.

Although it's small it's still a very big financial risk for Disney as if it runs grossly under occupancy it will be a very expensive flop.
As I say for this concept I hope it does well for the real fans.

I want an Avatar hotel!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. The original Star Wars film that I saw on release has also coloured my opinion and to this day I think that trilogy was the best. Of course those who are younger probably don't subscribe to my view or maybe they do!.

Although it's small it's still a very big financial risk for Disney as if it runs grossly under occupancy it will be a very expensive flop.
As I say for this concept I hope it does well for the real fans.

I want an Avatar hotel!
You’ll be looking forward to the new Avatar films then?
Funny I quite like Star Wars, the originals the best, and loved the Rise of the Resistance ride, but I think as a ‘land’ Avatar is much better and more impressive in atmosphere and appearance.

I’m also of the view the original Star Wars were the best, remember going with my Dad to the local ABC and wondering how they did all the effects. I had them all on VHS at one stage.
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Wait, that cant be her real name surely?!?!

The presenter of the video explaining how guests can travel into space... is Toms daughter? Like what? Where is one of those mind blown emojis when you need one. Surely they are playing an in joke?
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I did read the original post, I was hoping for someone to perhaps have a bit more insider knowledge considering Disney dates for releasing things can be somewhat flexible. For example when we booked in 2018 to go in 2019 we were told that Galaxy's edge would open in the late fall of 2019.
That's because Disney officially released the statement that Galaxy's Edge would open in late Fall 2019. Until Disney actually released that info, no one knew anything better and there wasn't any more information. Everyone - including any so-called "Disney insiders" - therefore assumed it would open in November or December 2019. A few "Disney insiders" were suggesting early-to-mid December. And, as you know, it actually opened in late Summer. Almost everyone got it wrong.

I don't want a repeat of that situation for our plans for next year so having some more insight even if it's not official would be handy as we consider our plans for next year. While it be might very well be no dibber knows more about dates I'm fairly sure someone knows more and I hope if anyone gets a tip off we would hear on the dibb.
But, as the opening of Galaxy's Edge shows, even if someone had some "insider" information or had heard some rumours, there's a reasonable chance that they could be wrong.

Any dates you might hear at the moment are only guesses. I could make a guess for you, if you like? (Probably in time for WDW's 50th Anniversary - so September 2021) But until Disney actually tells us when it will open, we really don't know.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Do we know how many rooms the hotel actually has yet? It looks amazing but I suspect it may have a waitlist .
I don't think anyone knows exactly for certain but it's believed it'll only have around 100 rooms.

It's a fairly small hotel, much smaller than any of the other Disney hotels. I wouldn't expect it to be any more under-occupied than, say, the Boulder Ridge villas.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List