Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Last night here so I thought I'd post my thoughts.

First off, it's really easy to get to from the airport (MCO). In fact, I was shocked myself by just how quickly we got here and I'd "practiced" the route on Google Maps beforehand.

Carlos is one of the front desk team and a more approachable guy you couldn't hope to find. Nothing was too much bother for him, from questions about the local area to more mundane things. Our room (a 2-bedroom suite) is on the 6th floor and is brilliant. It's meant that our 17 year old son has been able to have some personal space while also allowing us the opportunity to make meals in the room when we've wanted to.

Mondays-Wednesdays the hotel provides free food and wine and beer as a social evening (up until 7.30pm if memory serves). The food is pretty good (and so is the beer if you like Bud Light ) There is also breakfast each morning. The usual scrambled eggs, sausages, porridge, bagels, etc. Perfect to set you up for the day.

The free WiFi is also good. Certainly, I've not had any problems with it but I've only used it for emails and browsing (I'm on it now).

There is also a free laundry (including dryers) - you just have to provide your own washing powder/liquid (but that can be bought from CVS - we couldn't find a small package so left the rest of ours in the laundry room when we finished our last washing load earlier today).

Locally, there's the CVS, Bonefish Grill and 7-11. The CVS has the better selection that the 7-11 but the 7-11 is also a gas station so only has a small grocery element (I didn't need to refuel our hire car so can't comment on price). SeaWorld and Discovery Cove are both under a mile away and a little beyond Discovery Cove is a selection of restaurants and shops (Flippers Pizzeria is pretty good).

I think that's about it. I can highly recommend this hotel and if we're ever back in Orlando, will be booking here for certain.
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post

First off, it's really easy to get to from the airport (MCO). In fact, I was shocked myself by just how quickly we got here and I'd "practiced" the route on Google Maps beforehand.

Carlos is one of the front desk team and a more approachable guy you couldn't hope to find. Nothing was too much bother for him, from questions about the local area to more mundane things. Our room (a 2-bedroom suite) is on the 6th floor and is brilliant. It's meant that our 17 year old son has been able to have some personal space while also allowing us the opportunity to make meals in the room when we've wanted to.

Mondays-Wednesdays the hotel provides free food and wine and beer as a social evening (up until 7.30pm if memory serves). The food is pretty good (and so is the beer if you like Bud Light ) There is also breakfast each morning. The usual scrambled eggs, sausages, porridge, bagels, etc. Perfect to set you up for the day.

The free WiFi is also good. Certainly, I've not had any problems with it but I've only used it for emails and browsing (I'm on it now).

There is also a free laundry (including dryers) - you just have to provide your own washing powder/liquid (but that can be bought from CVS - we couldn't find a small package so left the rest of ours in the laundry room when we finished our last washing load earlier today).

Locally, there's the CVS, Bonefish Grill and 7-11. The CVS has the better selection that the 7-11 but the 7-11 is also a gas station so only has a small grocery element (I didn't need to refuel our hire car so can't comment on price). SeaWorld and Discovery Cove are both under a mile away and a little beyond Discovery Cove is a selection of restaurants and shops (Flippers Pizzeria is pretty good).

I think that's about it. I can highly recommend this hotel and if we're ever back in Orlando, will be booking here for certain.
What’s the pool temperature like?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
What’s the pool temperature like?
The pool was the one thing we didn't use actually. We were going to use it in Friday but the weather turned a bit chilly.
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post

Thanks for your review, I'm really pleased that I've booked here, it will do us nicely until our villa is available, particularly as it hasn't cost us anything. Was going to book Cabana Bay, but for a suite it would have cost close to £400 for the 2 nights, so more than happy to stay here.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre UK
I want to go now!

Mobile

Been here 2 weeks now, got another week and half to go... it's been ok, location great, breakfast is ok, room not too bad, bit dusty and not cleaned very well but passable, pool not all that but we go waterparks on days off, you get fast passes for SeaWorld which is good perk too... all in all hotel is good
Andre UK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, it's great to hear from people with current experience. Can I ask how 'fast' are the fast passes? Do many people have them? Does it cut some/all/half of the wait time?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre UK
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Thank you, it's great to hear from people with current experience. Can I ask how 'fast' are the fast passes? Do many people have them? Does it cut some/all/half of the wait time?
They are same as disney/universal fast passes, u get 1 for each main ride and enter different ride entrance
Andre UK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
So ... we were there on New Years day and from what I could here, they were down on staff. The fast passes were walk ons, but no one checked our pass once. Literally just walked on and I wondered if anyone in the normal line knew they were stood there for 30 mins for no reason?

We were able to do any ride we wanted and then when leaving the park with about an hour left I gave them to a family who were coming in late, like the good old days of Disney fastpasses

As for the Staybridge. We stayed there over new years on IHG points. The best value points use Ive ever had? Possibly? They did raise the points price last year though but I got in before that.

We happened to be there for all 3 evening food nights so had a free suite with no resort or parking charge, breakfast and evening meal. Unbelievable value.

Would stay there again without a doubt.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List