Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonufc4
I have Ears

Mobile

I also got a refund from virgin. It took me 90 minutes to get through but the women I spoke to was lovely and gave me a refund as one of the three options. FYI I paid the holiday off in parts, the initial deposit was on a credit card that I no longer use. She told me if this is case then when they go to process the refund that payment wouldn’t go through and I would get an email about this. Only down side is roughly 90 days to get this all sorted! No need to shout 9.2 from their t and cs at them. I think the article in the independent newspaper has quickly made them change their tune!
Jasonufc4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jasonufc4 View Post
I also got a refund from virgin. It took me 90 minutes to get through but the women I spoke to was lovely and gave me a refund as one of the three options. FYI I paid the holiday off in parts, the initial deposit was on a credit card that I no longer use. She told me if this is case then when they go to process the refund that payment wouldn’t go through and I would get an email about this. Only down side is roughly 90 days to get this all sorted! No need to shout 9.2 from their t and cs at them. I think the article in the independent newspaper has quickly made them change their tune!
did mine by message nd said 45 days, just have to get in touch with virgin atlantic for bubble seat refund

Edited at 01:54 PM.
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

I sent an email asking to receive a refund as it says in their terms. Today I got an email saying my holiday was cancelled and will receive a full refund.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gazza94 View Post
We were due to go on 9th April.
Defo wait until they cancel!
You probably already know this but you are definitely not going on holiday and they will be giving you a full refund!
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
I sent an email asking to receive a refund as it says in their terms. Today I got an email saying my holiday was cancelled and will receive a full refund.
Were you due to go before mid April so in the current travel ban?
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

So your deposit won’t go back as it’s on a credit card you don’t use?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonufc4
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
So your deposit won’t go back as it’s on a credit card you don’t use?
I think as the card is no longer active I will get it back into my current account. But they will try to pay it back to my original card first. I can deal with that as the majority of the payments have been made via my bank account
Jasonufc4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Were you due to go before mid April so in the current travel ban?
Yes, 10th April.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have enormous sympathy for the vast numbers of hard working and diligent staff at Virgin Atl, Virgin Holidays and the vast number of other businesses involved in tourism across the globe. Our problems would seem trivial compared with theirs as the look at unemployment, reduced wages, layoffs and all the financial issues that come with it.

The issues are far, far further up the chain.. staff don’t make policy, rather senior managers and directors.

I sincerely hope that the vast army of DIBBER’s are monitoring these great service/ indifferent service/ lousy service threads and thinking long and hard about where they place their trust in future.

I have had the good fortune and doubtless, luck to recover practically everything from BA, Premier Inn, Holiday extras, Groupon, Columbus motor Inn, Alcatraz cruises, SFO love tour, SFO ghost hunt, Holiday Autos, Portolo Hotel, Madonna Inn/ Expedia, Alamo, Marriott/Expedia. Both car hires and 1 hotel waived their cancellation fees. Premier Inn refunded without my requesting on 7 rooms booked in the wider picture of the vacation, despite them being booked at a non flex rate (and they are often denigrated on this forum). In fact, I have not paid a single service or cancellation fee anywhere.

The only one that I am struggling with is budget air who state that if my United flight from S L Obispo to Seattle takes place, then I lose my money ( £273). I take their point.

For years, I have watched as some very experienced DIBBERS have asserted that they would only fly Virgin Atl, book through Virgin Hols etc etc, whilst often paying a serious premium to do so. I guess their loyalty and belief that good old Richard wouldn’t see them off was misplaced. It’s a bit like that old cliche ‘If it ain’t Boeing I ain’t going’. (Think Dreamliner and now 737 Maxx issues).

It is not how a company does when all is going well that matters. It is how they perform in time of crisis. Virgin have shown themselves as slippery, evasive and slimy as SIR Philip Green’s Arcadia group. Of course they must refund as they cannot supply what was contracted.. and I sincerely hope that some of those previously blindly loyal customers have taken very careful note.

Richard Branson (and his companies) is not the Messiah.. In fact, he is a very naughty boy.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:42 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I think as the card is no longer active I will get it back into my current account. But they will try to pay it back to my original card first. I can deal with that as the majority of the payments have been made via my bank account
Ah ok. I paid £700 deposit on a virgin credit card. I then closed this credit card and got a new virgin one for the 0% interest and paid the remainder on that so the bulk of it should be back easy it’s just the rest won’t be.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List