Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What do you mean by a re booking offer? We booked via a third party. Would that count?
Thanks
What I’d read is that it’s an offer for those who couldn’t go this year to book again for next year (at next years prices). You’d be eligible for free dining, should it be available for your dates, so getting in before everyone else (it would be added automatically once UK free dining offer is released). If, however, free dining wasn’t available for the booked dates you could rearrange or cancel without losing any deposit or paying an amendment fee. Eligible people were being contacted. As you’d book through a third party I’d contact them to ask if you can do it.

This was posted by a TA on Facebook.

Edited at 03:33 PM.
catki11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRealyJoycey
First POST

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
What I’d read is that it’s an offer for those who couldn’t go this year to book again for next year (at next years prices). You’d be eligible for free dining, should it be available for your dates, so getting in before everyone else (it would be added automatically once UK free dining offer is released). If, however, free dining wasn’t available for the booked dates you could rearrange or cancel without losing any deposit or paying an amendment fee. Eligible people were being contacted. As you’d book through a third party I’d contact them to ask if you can do it.

Have you a link to that post? I am a travel agent that had my own booking with WDTravel and wasnt offered this. I have attempted to change someone else today and was offered no such option. I could change to later this year and still benefit from the Free Dining that I originally had but not transfer the offer to next. TIA
TheRealyJoycey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post

Until Disney releases anything then do not take what some one on Facebook or anywhere else really at face value. People do lie about things to get more people to book with them. If it was availabe for one TA then it would be available to all including VH, TUI and BA Holidays.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheRealyJoycey View Post
Have you a link to that post? I am a travel agent that had my own booking with WDTravel and wasnt offered this. I have attempted to change someone else today and was offered no such option. I could change to later this year and still benefit from the Free Dining that I originally had but not transfer the offer to next. TIA
I’ll try & find it...
Old 6 Apr 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Until Disney releases anything then do not take what some one on Facebook or anywhere else really at face value. People do lie about things to get more people to book with them. If it was availabe for one TA then it would be available to all including VH, TUI and BA Holidays.
Oh I never take anything as true unless it’s confirmed by Disney themselves.

The post I read said it wasn’t available now, but would be before the new UK free dining offer was released, but obviously nothing official.
Old 6 Apr 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

I can’t link direct to the page as it’s a private group, so I copied what was said.

“I just wanted to let the group know that the early booking offer that was due for release in April for 2021 has been postponed, with no official release date given.

Disney customers due to arrive up to and including the 30th June 2020 (this may be amended in the future) can amend their bookings over to 2021 at Disney's current pricing (for 2021) and should their new booking qualify for the offer when it's released, Disney will transfer the booking over to it subject to availability.

If the booking does not qualify they will permit a further amendment and waive any associated fees to change the booking to a date that does qualify. Should they be unable to find availability that suits, you can cancel free of charge and receive your 2021 deposit back.

I hope this helps people who have been considering changing their booking due to depart between now and the 30th June 2020. Personally if I was going to change a booking, I would look to the dates that have been previously included in the offer, rather than choose to book a time that hasn't been included previously as it's likely not to qualify.”

Edited at 09:58 PM.
catki11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Is there a good guide to the normal available dates for free dining.
We are due to go in may but looks like we will have to go next March or June. Free dining is the main dictator of when we will go.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

June you should be ok for, the beginning of March should be ok too but the end of March will probably be excluded as Easter is on the 4th April next year
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If free dining is released on us site can someone on the uk site and vice versa book with that sites offer? I booked dlp via german site not uk site for our trip there
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My travel agent will let me re-book and will add free dining later once released - they seem confident it will be released- however if they don't release it I cannot cancel that new booking- deal breaker for me - so I'm back to a/w my trip be officially cancelled for a refund or a free dining offer
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List