Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Anyone got this email from virgin

An update on changes at Virgin Atlantic View in browser.

Firstly, I sincerely hope that you, your family and your loved ones are in good health.

I am writing to you, with regards to the company changes I announced yesterday, in response to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on our industry. As you may have seen in the media, we plan to reshape and resize our business to enable us to emerge from this crisis, stronger, leaner and fit for the future.

Since our creation 36 years ago, we have played a central role in creating greater connectivity and competition for the nation. We thrive on challenging incumbents and are proud to offer the best experience in the sky, regardless of the cabin in which you travel. The steps we are taking now have been made to ensure we continue to challenge, innovate and offer our unrivalled service for many years to come.

We are proud to be the most loved travel company and the industry sustainability leader.

We have taken bold and decisive action so that when you are ready to travel again, we are here to serve you.

• Our fleet will be one of the youngest and greenest in the sky as we say goodbye to our four engine 747s and move to a fleet of 36 twin engine aircraft. Offering the most comfortable experience in the sky and whilst reducing our CO2/RTK emissions by a further 10% in the next two years. Building on the 18% efficiency already achieved between 2007-2019.
• We will continue to fly to your favourite destinations, operating directly to 26 destinations and offering a further 345 routes via our expanded Joint Venture with Delta and Air France/KLM. I’m also delighted to announce we shall be commencing a new flight from Heathrow into Cape Town from November 2020.
• Preparations to relaunch our passenger services are well underway and we are taking every possible step to ensure our customers have maximum peace of mind to fly, as the travel restrictions are lifted. This includes additional cleanliness and health measures onboard as well as at the airport, to protect our people and customers in line with expert advice, including Public Health England, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the World Health Organisation and aviation regulatory bodies.
• We look forward to welcoming our leisure passengers to London Heathrow & have retained our slot portfolio at Gatwick to enable us to return, as customer demand recovers. If you have already booked a flight which is due to depart from Gatwick, our Customer Care team will be in contact with you directly and it will be our pleasure to rearrange your departure from Heathrow.

Our amazing people

The safety, security and well-being of our people and customers is our number one priority. Our people, even at these toughest of times, remain our secret sauce and what sets us apart. I wish it was not the case, but we will have to materially reduce the number of people we can employ. It is with great sadness that we will see many of our fantastic people leave but we hope to welcome many of them back one day in the future, as demand for flying returns.

Virgin Atlantic is our name and our brand.

Virgin Holidays will be re-branded as Virgin Atlantic Holidays, as we focus all our efforts on taking leisure customers to the most loved destinations that Virgin Atlantic serves. We will continue to work in close partnership with Next, to offer our popular face-to-face holiday service in their stores.

Whilst the past few months have been difficult, we are confident about what the future holds and we are excited to welcome you back on board soon, to showcase the improvements we have made to our award-winning flight experience.

Stay safe,

Shai Weiss
CEO | Virgin Atlantic
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes, got the same earlier.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I got it. It really made me feel for the poor staff who are having their lives turned upside down right now and won’t have a job.

My personal feelings towards Virgin are not great, however I really feel for those talented people who won’t be doing the jobs they love.
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

I had similar this morning but not as long on detailed . Was mainly saying they would be in touch soon to give me my options on my existing bookings
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes just popped into my inbox

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes just received it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I've got it too.

Does anyone know what will happen for flights that were due to be on the 747s? Our flight from Glasgow in September was on the 747 and we paid to book seats in the bubble. Will Virgin contact us to tell us the flight is changing and will we get a refund of what we paid for seats in the bubble?
Old 6 May 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Got mine earlier
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Mobile

Yes me too. My heart goes out to the staff - I hope they go get re-employed very soon. I also wondered about flights that should have been the 747’s.
Old 6 May 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I've got it too.

Does anyone know what will happen for flights that were due to be on the 747s? Our flight from Glasgow in September was on the 747 and we paid to book seats in the bubble. Will Virgin contact us to tell us the flight is changing and will we get a refund of what we paid for seats in the bubble?
I didn’t think that was necessarily a change that they were commenting on. Haven’t they always planned on retiring the 747’s?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List