Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 May 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I don’t think it will if a sufficient vaccine and treatment is available the world will turn as before
Old 23 May 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jjmccrae View Post
Ok that's really really interesting.
When I booked a few years back the prices increased approx £150 - based on the same search criteria (expect one include the free dining plan - which cause the increased).

What about booking now, before the Dining Plan is announced, is there an option to them call them after announcement and ask them to add it on.
No you can’t ask them to add it on after booking
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I agree with some regret.

Post virus the world will change for a long long time. Forget what it was, it will take years to get back and in some sectors.,never

Disney332
I agree. Disney is losing money like mad. Wouldn’t be surprised if freebies go away for a while.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
All bets are off.
If the virus clears up, vaccine, people are confident enough etc demand could be through the roof and there will be no free dining.
Can also envisage a scenario where it’s still about but open- you have to be on site to go, restaurant capacities 50%. If demand is there for that in the domestic market there will be no free dining.
If it’s back to normal but massive recession and unemployment and people don’t want to travel, bit like post 9/11- then the deals will be very good indeed.
Suspect Disney has no idea yet.
I think the final scenario is most likely, I can't see them planning for 50% capacity, they will want a full booking schedule and it is easier cut people than suddenly try and get late bookings
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Zero here too. All that happens is the current discount when booking hotel and tickets together is removed and the free dining offer applied.

So yes the price increases but only because the existing discount is removed.

So, if you go all the way through with a pretend booking true price will be higher with free dining. It is however simply the removal of the existing offer - so in answer to the Op however much the discount currently is for booking together will be the difference in price.

I once had to provide screenshots to someone on Tripadvisor to prove this as they were adamant I was wrong.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
No you can’t ask them to add it on after booking
Very true. It’s like any offer for any holiday or product. You get the offer of the day you booked - no one would apply a better offer further down the line. If you could we would all be booked now.

In saying that though in the US however it is different. You can add free dining if it is released for you dates after you book. My understanding is a quick phone call sorts it out if free dining is announced for the dates you have booked. Their offer is however announced a lot nearer departure than ours and the dates generally more restrictive.

I will also say I am also in the camp of “there might not be an offer”. I don’t think pre-COVID capacity will be allowed for years so Disney may mothball hotels/hotel blocks. I also worry (as I have posted before) about the availability of flights - it’ll be years before flight capacity gets back to pre-COVID if it ever does. This will drive up prices.

So the decision is - get a package to lock in the flight price or to book direct with Disney and only risk the £100 deposit 🤔🤔🤔
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think some years back I remember their annual price increase for rooms coincided with the release of free dining plan.
Old 24 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
I think some years back I remember their annual price increase for rooms coincided with the release of free dining plan.
Yes that happened a couple of years ago. You can imagine the threads on here! It does also happen that some hotels change slightly in price. It’s not true to say that there’s no change at all for all hotels. I’ve been booking with free dining for many years and have been lucky that some hotels have dropped in price as well as free dining but conversely some have increased slightly. This is on base price, not including any discount for buying tickets offered before free dining.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

When I was looking pre free DDP I noted the price direct with Disney, when it was released the price was exactly the same. I booked on release day - that was last April for this August. We are waiting for August to start being cancelled or free to move and then we will do it for next year. Hoping though a new offer is released.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’ve moved a booking from this week to next year, same time. It’s £500 cheaper next year. If they add dining I am fully expecting the price to go up!
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List