Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I haven't received any notification that my Glasgow flights are cancelled either, we are due to fly VA 20th September until 8th October. We did book through Netflights though, do yu think that is why we haven't heard anything?

I've just tried to call Netflights and the voicemail said office closed, only open from 9am to 12pm!

When I finally receive notification that my Virgin flights are cancelled would I be crazy to book flights with BA for the same dates? I don't want to give up just yet and not ready to let go of my holiday, especially when my 2 waitlists came through from DVC last week and all my accommodation is sorted.

I'm starting to get really stressed and upset about all of this, especially the lack of communication and service Virgin are providing and the thought of having to wait 4 months for a refund!

Take care everyone. x
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I haven't received any notification that my Glasgow flights are cancelled either, we are due to fly VA 20th September until 8th October. We did book through Netflights though, do yu think that is why we haven't heard anything?

I've just tried to call Netflights and the voicemail said office closed, only open from 9am to 12pm!

When I finally receive notification that my Virgin flights are cancelled would I be crazy to book flights with BA for the same dates? I don't want to give up just yet and not ready to let go of my holiday, especially when my 2 waitlists came through from DVC last week and all my accommodation is sorted.

I'm starting to get really stressed and upset about all of this, especially the lack of communication and service Virgin are providing and the thought of having to wait 4 months for a refund!

Take care everyone. x
We're the same as you, don't want to give up on it yet!

Considering options of booking with a different airline as well. Just super annoying we wouldn't get a refund back that quick, well probably not this year being realistic!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Any idea when in VA,s world their summer season begins?
Virgin, like all major airlines work to the IATA seasons (Summer & Winter) for their schedules.

Basically work to when British Summer Time starts & ends, so late March to late October is Summer season & when we're on GMT it's Winter season. Stick to this rule and you'll be no more than a few days out, a week at most.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurabelle84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Any idea when in VA,s world their summer season begins?
As far as I know its end of March they will start their Glasgow schedule
Laurabelle84 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks both
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Zero
Earning More Ears

Those of you that have managed to speak to someone via phone which number did you use. Our flight has been cancelled with the very familiar story of no option to request a refund I've tried text messages and watsapp but just receive the standard response.
Zero is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
golfer66
Serious Dibber

golfer66's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I phone up Ocean Florida today as we were due to fly out 6th March and they don’t even know about the flight schedule being cancelled . And then I sent them my response from twitter from VA and just had a call saying Virgin have just confirmed it with them . Now got too wait 7-14 days too see if the can sort out alternative . We have already changed from this Sept already to next year and am starting too feel we ain’t going to get this holiday .
golfer66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We managed to get through to VH this afternoon and have rebooked on LHR to Miami for the same dates! 👍🏻
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We managed to get through to VH this afternoon and have rebooked on LHR to Miami for the same dates! 👍🏻
Aw that's great news, I'm glad you got something sorted. Will you need to book an internal flight separately to get to LHR?

I'm still debating what to do as worried I book BA flights and they potentially get cancelled at a later date if we're still not allowed to fly. At least I got through to Netflights this morning and got them to confirm that my flights are definitely cancelled and have requested a refund, albeit 120 days before I see it!

I need to make a decision soon as I had some very strange dreams last night, due to being tormented by this!
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Aw that's great news, I'm glad you got something sorted. Will you need to book an internal flight separately to get to LHR?

I'm still debating what to do as worried I book BA flights and they potentially get cancelled at a later date if we're still not allowed to fly. At least I got through to Netflights this morning and got them to confirm that my flights are definitely cancelled and have requested a refund, albeit 120 days before I see it!

I need to make a decision soon as I had some very strange dreams last night, due to being tormented by this!
Well that's what we're pondering about, coz we are up in southern Scotland, but don't want to book a separate flight to LHR in case something happens with the dates again! So we are thinking about having a one way car hire each way or getting the train to London