Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don’t know if I can add a hotel. It’s flights with KLM. That’s a good option though. Would I need to find a travel company to do that. I’ve only ever just booked flights.
I’d rather not get involved with insurance. If we couldn’t go I’d even take a credit note for the airline, but I’d rather not lose it all.
I’m still trying to hopeful we will make it to Florida after cancelling this year.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I was in same boat. Seen flights with tui for £300pp less than normal, so we just booked them! Had to pay full amount but my reasoning is that if things are still bad over there next year tui won't be flying anyway
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

It’s £1k for all of us. I’m desperately trying to work out how to add a car or hotel to it. I’m a bit lost!
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
It’s £1k for all of us. I’m desperately trying to work out how to add a car or hotel to it. I’m a bit lost!
KLM are partners with Delta/Virgin, so you could try Virgin Hols for a package or Flydrive but I suspect they will be much dearer.

What dates and airports are you looking at?
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

It’s Durham tees valley through schipol. 25may to 8june.
Old 18 Jul 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I don’t know if I can add a hotel. It’s flights with KLM. That’s a good option though. Would I need to find a travel company to do that. I’ve only ever just booked flights.
I’d rather not get involved with insurance. If we couldn’t go I’d even take a credit note for the airline, but I’d rather not lose it all.
I’m still trying to hopeful we will make it to Florida after cancelling this year.
I am sorry but I don't think your plan will work. The tickets you are looking at are non refundable - thats why they are cheap. I will try to set out below why

1. Air France website is exactly the same platform as KLM (they are in the same partnership) and it doesn't seem possible to add on a car/hotel either. As others suggest Virgin/Delta offer deposit only packages as do BA but for the latter you would have to leave from Newcastle or other airports.

2. Present rules to book with KLM/Air France allow a free change of date but difference in fare must be paid. By next May unless the airline cancelled in which case you would get a refund - you may not even have the choice of a credit note depending on the relevant circumstances at the time and no one knows what they will be. If a credit note was not allowed then apart from a small amount of taxes fees and charges that you would be refunded back you lose all the rest.

3. So that leaves you with an insurance claim which you prefer not to get involved with and it doesn't cover you deciding not to travel.

Edited at 08:08 AM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve found amazing flights for next year to Florida. We will only go if things are ‘normal’ and free/reduced dining is introduced.
The flights are non refundable though as they are so cheap. Is there insurance I can get to claim back if I just don’t want to go.
I’m aware this is probably a stupid question it’s just they are such good flights and DH won’t book if we can’t get our money back.
COVID is a known event with governmental advice in place. You won’t get insurance for cancellation for known events. Well not within any kind of sensible price bracket anyway.

If USA restrictions remains that UK nationals / those visiting or living in UK cannot enter USA, then of course you can’t travel regardless of your wishes. Therefore the airline will likely want to reschedule you and you may need to pay the difference in fare or argue for a refund.

Where things get really murky is if USA lift restrictions, but UK advice not to travel to USA remains in place. Then technically you can travel against advice but you will not be able to get travel insurance at any kind of reasonable price.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

They'll be cheap cos things are so uncertain I'm afraid. Usually making a flight into a fly drive will bump the price up, thus negating any savings. If you don't want to risk things not being back to normal i'd just wait personally.
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I’ve booked with TUI same dates as you but it’s a fly drive direct from Manchester. I’ve just paid a deposit and a bit more is needed in August. Then the final payment a couple of months before we go in May next year. If things haven’t improved by then I’ll either lose the deposit or move the booking.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Call DialAFlight, give them the details of the flight you are looking at, ask if they can book it but you want to add a car to make it a package. You should only then be paying a deposit per person and the balance due 8 or 12 weeks before flying.

2018, I did the same with fares I found on the ITA matrix, they found the flights, booked my hire car and just deposit pp. paid. Great.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List