Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Why do I feel so embarrassed to sell a phone?

Hi all,

I have upgraded to a new phone and have an iPhone X sitting in my house doing nothing. It’s in a lovely condition as I always have a case and a screen protector.

I was going to recycle it with O2, but am nervous about posting it off. My son said that the shop ‘GAME’ buys phones and on checking their website, I can see that’s the case...

But I feel embarrassed even thinking about going in and asking to sell my phone.

I’m not desperate for money so could chuck it in a drawer, but it seems so wasteful and though I’m not sure what I’d get for it, a few hundred quid or so, could happily go in the holiday spending money pot 💰

It’s having the courage though being a first timer.

What would you do?

Many thanks!
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have sold a couple via some online sites, I can’t remember what ones. The last time we just traded them in to apple against our new phones. I would in no way, shape or form feel embarrassed to sell your old phone. If it makes you feel better about it think about someone who maybe can’t afford a new one could get a few good years use out of one you have sold on.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Yes so true. And it’s lovely, not a scratch on it, so I suspect they’d be really pleased.

I would feel better about posting it in, but knowing my luck it would get cracked en route...hence the face to face sale.

Thank you for making me feel a bit better.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Yes so true. And it’s lovely, not a scratch on it, so I suspect they’d be really pleased.

I would feel better about posting it in, but knowing my luck it would get cracked en route...hence the face to face sale.

Thank you for making me feel a bit better.
You are very welcome.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am not quite sure what you are embarrassed about especially if it is worth a couple of hundred pounds. You can sell online, they send you packaging and you return it to them. Beware though that companies tell you they will pay you a good price then no matter how good condition it is they reduce it when they receive your phone.
In our town centre there is a self serve kiosk, you put it in a bag and post it through. They have them in other areas. I have no experience of using this though. uk.ecoatm/

Just make sure you transfer photos, contacts etc to your new phone and ensure you restore it to factory settings removing any personal details.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I went in to CEX and game last week to see how much they would give me for my 8Plus. Game were really helpful and if I sell it I will go back there. They checked the condition told me to turn off the find my iPhone and then restore the phone before I take it in. They said it would then take about 10-15 mins for them to check the phone out whilst I stay in store. They offered me £223.10 for mine with no lead or plug ( they didn’t want them), CEX offered £224 but wanted the plug and lead. I would definitely take it in, it will just decline in money sitting in the drawer. I decided I didn’t want to send mine off and risk not getting the money, Music Magpie were offering £238 but I’d rather get the smaller amount straight away.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Jasminedivas just what I wanted to hear! That sounds really positive.

I’ve already switched off my iCloud and restored factory settings.

I’ll pop to the mall tomorrow perhaps and see if they’ll look at it. Only problem will be not spending the money on shoes afterwards!
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve sold mine back to Vodafone before. Nothing to be embarrassed about.😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

I'm one of those people who is going to have to buy one tommorow I've destroyed mine by dropping it today 😭😭😭
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Oh nooooooo!

I’d be gutted 😞 I’m sorry you dropped it.